The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
interface to link two apogee 800
Old 16th March 2011
Gear Maniac

interface to link two apogee 800

Guys so i bought my second apogee 800 and i want to say goodbye to my 003. I have a pc not a mac.What interface would u recomend to link my 2 apogees.Ive been thinking in the rme hamerfall or m audio lightfire pro.Any sugestions? I will work with pro tools 9 le
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Maniac

anybody?
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Maniac

anybody?
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

I don't know about working with ProTools9...they're fairly new to ASIO and all...so, there might be something specific to their status that would sway you. Digi's forums may be best to ask that.

But, RME hammerfall (ADAT) if you're recording at low rez is cool...I would personally, with two Rosetta 800s, be running them into a 16ch AES PCIe card like the Lynx. RME also has one, but it's more $$. I don't know that I'd want to buy a card that was going to limit my conversion to 48k...or half the channels to get 96k...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search