The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AkaiDps24 sync protools
Old 13th March 2011
Gear Head

AkaiDps24 sync protools

I want to transfer 16 track audio frm protools to akai for mixdown purposes to get more Headrooms and analog sounds...I need help sync akaiDps24 with protools m powered v7.4 via m audio 1814 midi i/o..Protools as master MTC is ok to control the slave Dps24 i cant record in DPS24..blinking RECORD arm light only..any tips?..IF DPS24 as master only then i m able to record but when i want to do next overdub IT got out of sync problems..even when i start from beginning..any work around?...off course i can transfer via usb akai sys software but it takes along time to do it...help needed urgently..thanx
Old 13th March 2011
Old 13th March 2011
Lives for gear

Umm...you want to export the 24bit BWAV or AIFF files from ProTools...open them on the Akai. Don't try to do real time transfers...I mean, you CAN...but, you're over complicating this. The Akai is a beautifully elegant machine. You can use USB from the computer (slower) or CDR to import timestamped files--either AIFF or BWAV.

I'm not sure what "analog sounds" you're looking for in the totally digital unit...but, mixer headroom you will have in spades. And wonderful SOUNDING mixer, too.
Old 13th March 2011
Gear Head

yes and i did able to transfer via adat and 4 analog out of m audio 1814 one pass direct record transfer via MTC sync DPS24 as master slaving the protools..sound big and warm..but everytime i try to do 2nd pass transfer the same way..most of the time its out of sync..sometimes a little late or faster..offcourse with the correct frame rate as protools..
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

Why again are you not just exporting the files...? Then, there's no degradation...AND they are sample accurately "in sync" when they arrive. What am I missing here that you feel like you must do a real time transfer? I mean, there are a million variable in that...OK, not a million--but a bunch...whereas, if you'll just export them...import them into the DPS24, all should be simple and done and you can move on.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search