The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Switching PCM70 froM 120V TO 240V??
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Nut

Switching PCM70 froM 120V TO 240V??

I'm based in Europe and bought a PCM70 from the US. Plugged it in today and got no response. Checked out the manual. Seems I need to set the voltage option switch to the proper line voltage, which was easily done, then verify that the power supply jumper positions are installed as specified for 240V. My question is - has anyone ever switched the jumper positions? It says connect from E24 to E22. I'm a bit confused though... the wire from E22 appears to be connected to the power supply. So I'm wondering how to connect this.. Anyone?
Cheers,
T
Old 7th March 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk1 View Post
I'm based in Europe and bought a PCM70 from the US. Plugged it in today and got no response. Checked out the manual. Seems I need to set the voltage option switch to the proper line voltage, which was easily done, then verify that the power supply jumper positions are installed as specified for 240V. My question is - has anyone ever switched the jumper positions? It says connect from E24 to E22. I'm a bit confused though... the wire from E22 appears to be connected to the power supply. So I'm wondering how to connect this.. Anyone?
Cheers,
T
I had a read of the PDF manual and it says that the jumper position is the same for both 120 and 240.
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Nut

D'oh! thanks for pointing that out

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search