The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sold my Digi 002 and looking for interface/conv/pre's.
Old 3rd March 2011
Here for the gear

Sold my Digi 002 and looking for interface/conv/pre's.

This might need to go in the low end section? Anyhow, I sold my Digi 002R and am running PT9 and Logic 9. Looking for better than what I had (shouldnt be too hard). I own a couple single channel pre's (GAP pre-73 , and Great River NV-1) And a few decent mic's. I would like to eventually record 8 ch. (or more at once) for drums, but right now..I'm just tracking by myself. BUDGET: 2-1500.00. If you have anything feel free to PM me. I read the post on converters last night. I'm worn out. 7 pages long and still walked away confused. I'd like to have what I had in the 002R (midi, adat, usb, firewire , optical..ect.) I'm kind of new at recording so be kind. Oh..I have a new 27" imac. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. heh
Old 3rd March 2011
Apogee Ensemble?... First one that poped up in my head. Four good micpres and good ADDA... Expand with a rme or other adat converter to get more channels.
Old 3rd March 2011
Lives for gear

Why did you sell the 002r?

It would have been pretty easy to add a converter with ADAT to that (or do something like a BLA route if you were unhappy with the sound)?
Old 3rd March 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcok View Post
Why did you sell the 002r?

It would have been pretty easy to add a converter with ADAT to that (or do something like a BLA route if you were unhappy with the sound)?
I had a chance to get out of it right.
Old 3rd March 2011
Lives for gear

sounds like an 002r with external converter would be perfect for you.
Old 3rd March 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff16years View Post
sounds like an 002r with external converter would be perfect for you.
Ha! My post reads.."Sold my Digi 002 and looking for interface/conv/pre's." The Digi 002R is gone. Not that it was bad, I'm just looking to upgrade with my recent upgraded Mac. So far looks like the Apogee Ensemble.... better sell another guitar. It ain't cheap.
Old 7th March 2011
Here for the gear

Bump..looking at the Apogee Ensemble seriously. Anybody else?
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Addict

Check out an RME Fireface 800. Super open sounding, solid drivers, and potential for adding more channels. Or buy my BLA 002R for cheap!
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRCS View Post
Check out an RME Fireface 800. Super open sounding, solid drivers, and potential for adding more channels. Or buy my BLA 002R for cheap!
+1 on the RME stuff. Very good converters for the price. Lynx would also be an option. A little more money but very well built. Couldn't go wrong with apogee ensemble as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search