The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best New Plug ins 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 1st March 2011
  #1
Best New Plug ins

Hi guys, I did not have so much time in the last months to read GS, so can you please tell me what are the best new Plug ins or Virtual Instruments?
Specially for Mac RTAS.

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
djanthonyw's Avatar
 

I don't really have much time to make money because I spend all of my time on gearslutz reading about new plugins. Can someone please send me some $?
Old 1st March 2011
  #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
I don't really have much time to make money because I spend all of my time on gearslutz reading about new plugins. Can someone please send me some $?
Cool, so say what you learned!thumbsup
Old 1st March 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 
reid's Avatar
 

Well it's not quite fresh off the block, but DMG Audio's eQuality is the best 'utility' eq plug I've used, by a country mile. Packs a shed load of functionality into a reasonably priced package, and sounds great.

http://dmgaudio.com/
Old 1st March 2011
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
Well it's not quite fresh off the block, but DMG Audio's eQuality is the best 'utility' eq plug I've used, by a country mile. Packs a shed load of functionality into a reasonably priced package, and sounds great.

DMG Audio
Reid, I tested the Plug in last year, was cool, but had a big latency at that time in PT HD....are u suing it in Pro Tools?

Thanks!
Old 1st March 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 

Fabfilter Comp/EQ/Limiter are all amazing. Especially for the price.

The EQ stacks up against the FLUX and Sonoris MEQ and I like the interface and workflow a lot better. The limiter is one of the best I've ever used.
Old 1st March 2011
  #7
Gear Addict
 
moonpi's Avatar
 

I've been really happy with the Softube line of plugins. They are kind of "sleepers" at the moment. However, I think that more folks will get into them once they try them out.

The Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B is stupid good. And I also really like the Softube Trident A-Range EQ. The Saturation knob allows you to drive the circuitry and experience it's gradual overload. Kind of cool if you want to add some light crunch - old school style.

The Lexicon PCM Native Native Plug-In Bundle is really really good and is worth every penny - especially if you've been on the lookout for great reverbs. Very dimensional front to back.

There's all kinds of great Waves plug-ins. I can't even begin to get into all that unless someone wants me to go down that road.
Old 2nd March 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 
dhiltonlittle's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpi View Post
I've been really happy with the Softube line of plugins. They are kind of "sleepers" at the moment. However, I think that more folks will get into them once they try them out.

The Softube Tube-Tech CL 1B is stupid good. And I also really like the Softube Trident A-Range EQ. The Saturation knob allows you to drive the circuitry and experience it's gradual overload. Kind of cool if you want to add some light crunch - old school style.

The Lexicon PCM Native Native Plug-In Bundle is really really good and is worth every penny - especially if you've been on the lookout for great reverbs. Very dimensional front to back.

There's all kinds of great Waves plug-ins. I can't even begin to get into all that unless someone wants me to go down that road.
Both of these are great. The Lexi bundle is hands down the best reverb available in the box. And it has the M7 hall hidden in there that sounds great!

The waves CLA I've been using a lot lately as well. Not sure what is really considered new! The Flux line is all great.

I'm really curious to try out this new McDSP compressor. I use his other plugins and they are all super. Been hearing really good things about the new one. I think it is called the 6030?
Old 2nd March 2011
  #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
Well it's not quite fresh off the block, but DMG Audio's eQuality is the best 'utility' eq plug I've used, by a country mile. Packs a shed load of functionality into a reasonably priced package, and sounds great.

http://dmgaudio.com/
I concur this is a really great eq and has found its way in a lot of my channels lateley. 5 stars.


Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Gearslutz.com App
Old 2nd March 2011
  #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiltonlittle View Post
And it has the M7 hall hidden in there that sounds great!
??? where?
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
nycbeat / Low End Theory
23
jslevin / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
8

Forum Jump
Forum Jump