The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HELP ME DECIDE!! APi 3124+ Vs. Avalon ad2022 !! HELP!!
Old 21st February 2011
Here for the gear

HELP ME DECIDE!! APi 3124+ Vs. Avalon ad2022 !! HELP!!

Hi!

I currently use a Focusrite Saffire 56. . and My current preamps are a 3124+ api, and a Avalon sp747.

I Need to decide either to get the Api 3124+ (another 4 preamps) or a Avalon AD 2022 (2 preamps) Any thoughts?! people?? I record Metal / hardcore / hiphop / polka music.

I like the Api 3124+ - especially on drums . . But how far off is the avalon ad2022 from the api ??!
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Why don´t you just check out the Avalon and see if you like it? I don´t see the problem here.

If you are happy with your API unit and just need some more preamps, then buy another one. At least you won´t be disappointed. If you don´t need four extra preamps (just two on the Avalon) and a different character, then you should consider the Avalon unit.

Multiple exclamation and question marks really give your post a desperate look... heh
(i don´t mean to be rude. it´s just that i don´t see a big issue here.)
Old 21st February 2011
Here for the gear

lol. . Yes im stressed over this. . I have to decide by tomorrow morning. Im visiting a studio, and I have the opportunity to either purchase a API 3124+ for $1700 - OR a Avalon 2022 for $1800. - - on the bright side, the api gives me another 4 preamps. . . while the Avalon only does 2. . . But I dont know How much more it will help my recording and sound. . . - - just stressed. . not desperate. . . not on crack. hehe
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear
They couldn't be more different..
While I'm biased because I buy anything that Api makes, and I'm not a fan of Avalon I must say the 2022 is a beautiful sounding preamp, but the opposite side of Api, clear and it has no compression at all on the material, the highs are very very sweet, I don't know about using it on drums tho', it wouldn't be my first choice and definitely I wouldn't use it over the Api if not maybe for OH, but for acoustic, some vocals, and more mellow stuff the 2022 is great, also way above the 747
Reading what kind of music you record tho', I'd go with API
Old 21st February 2011
Here for the gear

are you saying the Api is clear with no compression, or the avalon 2022 has no compression?
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear
The Avalon

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search