The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!

Hey, thought I would share the two tracks from a single I recorded a few weeks back. I got some photos taken as well so I will post them here too! I love reading threads like this so I thought other might too!

First and foremost I just want to say a big thank you to Peter Miles for letting me use his studio for the weekend and to his engineer James Bragg for showing me the ropes of the studio and taking photos too ! It was a pleasure and I hope to use the studio again soon!

Right so here we go to it !

The band are called "Spring Offensive", great musicians and a lovely bunch of guys too ! Very prepared and know exactly what they want when they record! check them out at SPRING OFFENSIVE | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos.

Now let's get nerdy...

Signal Chains.

Drums:
Kick In - RE20 - SSL Alpha VHD 4 Pre
Kick Out - Sony Mic, Don't know the model - someone tell me from the pictures! - SSL Alpha VHD 4 Pre
Snare Top - SM57 - SSL Alpha VHD 4 Pre
Snare Bottom - Again Sony mic - SSL Alpha VHD 4 Pre
Hi Hat - SE Electronics 4400a - ISA 428
Rack & floor tom - MD421 - ISA 428
OHs - SE 4400a - Focusrite Liquid 4 Pre
Kit Random Mic - Shure SM7B - TubeTech MEC1A
Room Mic - AEA R88 - UA 2 - 610 Slammed with 1176s

Bass: Original Fender Jazz bass I believe
Sansamp, Badcat into Ampeg 8x10 and DI too.

Guitars:
Marshall Plexi and Badcat both at the same time into a Vintage Marshall 4x12 and a Orange 4x12 Mic'd with SM57's MD421's and the AEA R88 as a stereo room mic - beautiful.

Preamps used were SSL VHD 4 pre for the close mics and the 2-610 again with the rooms.

Vocals were Peluso ( I think P12) into the TubeTech ME1C again.

So here are the two tracks to listen to!

Please take into consideration this is just my Mixes - the band are getting it Mastered elsewhere!

and here are Photos from the session too - I hope you Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom6.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom9.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom16.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom21.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom22.jpg  

Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom23.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom40.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom45.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom50.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom54.jpg  

Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom97.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom105.jpg   Full Session Photos At "Middle Farm Studios" + Tracks Too!-dom111.jpg  
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Head

Looks like a nice jam sesh place. Tracks sound amazing. Sounds like a two door cinema club track to me!
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Very nice!
Old 20th February 2011
Lives for gear

thanks I'm glad you like the tracks I'm sure the band would be happy!

Pete's studio is great and the live room sounds awesome.
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

What I nice surprise. Thanks for sharing these tracks man. I'm usually not a big fan of modern pop, but I really like these two tracks a lot. Nice arrangements with breathing space in them. You did good with this band, that's for sure
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltones View Post
What I nice surprise. Thanks for sharing these tracks man. I'm usually not a big fan of modern pop, but I really like these two tracks a lot. Nice arrangements with breathing space in them. You did good with this band, that's for sure
Thank You - this is the second time i've worked with the band so i'm pretty happy! (the last time being a completely live single) This isn't usually my area of recording i'm usually dealing with modern rock/punk so don't usually have much space in the mix so it was a delight !

Hopefully going to be working with them on their second album! **touch wood & fingers crossed**
Old 21st February 2011
Gear Maniac

Nice work. I dig threads like this. Good stuff. This recording fits the vibe of the band perfectly.
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Is that a Sony C-500 on the kick drum?

Nice work!
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao B. View Post
Is that a Sony C-500 on the kick drum?

Nice work!
YES! and on the Snare Bottom too!
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhackler View Post
Nice work. I dig threads like this. Good stuff. This recording fits the vibe of the band perfectly.
Thanks I like to think so too! glad you all approve!
Old 21st February 2011
Gear Addict

Everything sounds great! Thanks for sharing!
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic hoenig View Post
YES! and on the Snare Bottom too!

I've been searching for one of those for a long time.

I remember reading a thread sometime ago where Vance Powell said it was the mic used on the kick for tracking some of the drums on Alicia Keys/Jack White's "Another Way To Die" - which sounds ****ing great!

Thanks for sharing this!
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Is the band name -Spring Offensive- a counterpoint to the band -Autumn's Defense-? which consists of a few Wilco members and others?
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao B. View Post
I've been searching for one of those for a long time.

I remember reading a thread sometime ago where Vance Powell said it was the mic used on the kick for tracking some of the drums on Alicia Keys/Jack White's "Another Way To Die" - which sounds ****ing great!

Thanks for sharing this!
and I wish they were mine !
Old 21st February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchicago View Post
Is the band name -Spring Offensive- a counterpoint to the band -Autumn's Defense-? which consists of a few Wilco members and others?
...I don't think so...
Old 21st February 2011
Pat
Gear Addict

Nice drum kit.
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Addict

Just listened to the final version on spotify, sounds awesome!!! Those SSL pres sound absolutely amazing for the price, think I might buy some!!! Pete
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

Lovely studio!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search