The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any broadcast engineers?
Old 20th February 2011
Here for the gear

Any broadcast engineers?

Hello everyone

I wonder if there are any broadcast audio engineers on Gearslutz? I'm curious if anyone has tried the HMDC 26 headset yet... I'm mixing a lot of noisy environment sports events at the moment, and I would love to find a great solution for commentary. Beyer headsets simply pick up too much background noise (fans, vuvuzelas, air horns, venue PA etc.) Lipmic is not an option, so I'm looking for the best headset for canceling rather extreme background noise. Any great tips/experiences on this ?

Have a nice day
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Head

The Sennheisers are pretty generic, you see them everywhere on tv.
HD25 I think is the most used model.
The trick is to properly adjust the mic boom so the element is a finger thickness away from the lips.
If you are working in a really noisy environment, the Coles Lip mic is the best but it doesn't look good on tv because it covers up everything under your nose.
Old 20th February 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by simondog View Post
Hello everyone

I wonder if there are any broadcast audio engineers on Gearslutz? I'm curious if anyone has tried the HMDC 26 headset yet... I'm mixing a lot of noisy environment sports events at the moment, and I would love to find a great solution for commentary. Beyer headsets simply pick up too much background noise (fans, vuvuzelas, air horns, venue PA etc.) Lipmic is not an option, so I'm looking for the best headset for canceling rather extreme background noise. Any great tips/experiences on this ?

Have a nice day
The HMDC 26 basically replaces the HMDC 25 which was the de-facto standard for sports commentators in the UK.

The 26 has similar characteristics to the 25, but has plug-in cables so the same basic headset can easily be configured with different cables and connectors to suit various broadcast and aviation applications.

This means that Sennheiser don't have to produce lots of different versions of the same headset, just one headset and different plug-in cable options.

The 26, as far as I am aware, has the same isolation characteristics as the 25.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 20th February 2011
Here for the gear

Great, I'll try out the HMD 26 hyper-cardioid sets
Old 20th February 2011

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search