The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
16 adat out with no use, what to do? Audio Interfaces
Old 11th February 2011
16 adat out with no use, what to do?

I've been playing around with a desk, some pres and a JBL 7510 (24 channel urei pre)... during recording everything is fine going into the computer through two 8 channel converters (lucid and tango) to my Fireface 800 through two adats... but i get a feeling that the RME adat outs are being wasted...

16 RME outs without use...

So,

My desk (24 channel Toft) is patchbayed to receive 48 channels (24 from two separate rooms).... should i patchbay 16 channels adat outs to send to Toft to do some OTB mixing or it will not worth the trouble?

thanks all.
Old 11th February 2011
Gear Nut

Not sure which inputs you're using on the toft, but if I had the toft I would take my DAW outputs and go into the monitor inputs on the toft. Then I could track through the toft, then mix through it as well, if not at least use it for outboard summing.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search