The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
One of the great engineers of all time, Roger Nichols, needs your help.
Old 19th January 2011
Here for the gear

Roger Nichols Could Use a Little Help

Most of you are aware of Roger's current battle with cancer, but you may not be aware of the last challenges. Please take a look at Roger's website, Roger Nichols CD mastering & Master Class or read George Petersen's blog at MIX-

ROGER NICHOLS NEEDS YOUR HELP | AudioBites
Old 27th January 2011
Lives for gear

Thank you Mark for sharing this. Somehow I didn't know about the battle Roger is fighting and as an AES member and huge fan of Rogers, I'm incredibly embarrassed to admit that. I just paypal'd what I could, but I also wanted to bump this thread for anyone else who may have been so busy in their own thoughts and lives that this news may have slipped past them like it did me.

Thanks for bringing it up in a thread here, and, great to see a relative on Gearslutz!
Old 27th January 2011
Lives for gear

I know his daughter and this is really tough news. My best for the Nichols family.
Old 29th January 2011
Lives for gear

My best for the man and his family. On the subject - isn't your healthcare reform working already?

Something like that would never happen in EU (I guess)...
Old 2nd February 2011
Lives for gear

Roger Nichols needs your help !

Dear Fellow Gearslutz,

Please see this link about the condition of our dear engineer, Roger
Nichols. You can donate via Paypal if you wish. The link to his website for a donation is at the end of the article.
Please pray.
Thanks

below is the link to the article:

Roger Nichols needs your help
Old 2nd February 2011
Gear Maniac

This should be a sticky in somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track 7 View Post
Dear Fellow Gearslutz,

Please see this link about the condition of our dear engineer, Roger
Nichols. You can donate via Paypal if you wish. The link to his website for a donation is at the end of the article.
Please pray.
Thanks

below is the link to the article:

Roger Nichols needs your help
Old 2nd February 2011
Gear Guru

I think this should be moved to the main forum where more people will see it. I don't have much myself right now, but I'm going to try to scrape up a few bucks for the cause. thumbsup
Old 9th February 2011
Lives for gear

One of the great engineers of all time, Roger Nichols, needs your help.

Jules: sorry for putting in main forum but we Gearslutz really need to pull together:

One of the great engineers of all time, Roger Nichols, needs your help. And he’s not looking for an assistant engineer or someone to help dust his Grammy Awards. Roger quite literally is fighting for his life.

Last summer, Roger was diagnosed with Phase 4 Pancreatic cancer. Although quite serious, many of those afflicted survive for years with proper treatment. Unfortunately, the medical costs and bills have devastated the Nichols family, leaving them nearly bankrupt, making any chance of Roger taking part in some promising new treatments nearly impossible. Read George Petersen's blog about how you can help Roger Nichols by donating toward Nichols' medical expenses.

ROGER NICHOLS NEEDS YOUR HELP | AudioBites
Old 9th February 2011
All threads merged into one here.

Thread closed but stickied for people dragging this down into a debate on US party politics and or the state of health care. tutt
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search