The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
anybody got a guitar and a recording rig handy? need a favour... Condenser Microphones
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Nut

anybody got a guitar and a recording rig handy? need a favour...

sorry dont know if this is the right place to post this...

working on a track at the moment and want to add some basic guitar.

i've got a basic acoustic here but am looking for a direct recordng. I.e. electro acoustic or maybe an electric just recorded straight in, i dont need it amped or anything im gonna do all that ITB to fit the track.

i can send a loop of the keys and the basic drum beat if anyone fancies helping out.

i'd like stabs and possibly some rythym guitar.

its an RnB type pop track.. there are some major labels interested in the artist, i cant pay but you will get a credit on the track, theres also a potential for paid work in the future.

not a major issue if no one is up for this, i'll be able to get someone in to do it tomorrow but would be nice to have the guitar now so i can incorporate it whilst i build the track.

haha, and yes i know its a shot in the dark.

if anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

regards,
Paul
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Head

Are you looking for someone to write and record the guitar part? Or just record?
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Nut

the chords are already written, Fm Eb Cm7 Db

oh i just realised theres a bridge part aswell where the chors are different but i know what they are aswell.

hoping someone is in the studio twiddling there thumbs with a guitar near by, dont want anyone to go to too much trouble.
just record them in and email....nothing fancy, just a ryhtym part that works with the flow of the track and maybe some stabs.

no probs if im asking too much, if no one gets back to me i'll prob just go down a more synthy sounding route, just think it would be nice to have a bit of rythym guitar to bring some life to the track as the tempo is very slow
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Nut

hey,

gloriousend,

if your jordan from snapjoint studios, ive sent you the files via email.

thanks

Paul,
thumbsup

massively appreciated buddy!
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Addict

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at it after work today... I'm not the best guitarist at all but I like to help when I can.

I'm just going to direct in with my apogee if that is okay?

my emails supplebiscuit at gmail dot com
Old 8th February 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh350 View Post
there are some major labels interested in the artist, i cant pay but you will get a credit on the track, theres also a potential for paid work in the future.
dfegaddfegaddfegaddfegaddfegaddfegad

I'll try that with my dentist or doctor or even the chef down at the restaurant.

if you serve me a good meal, I can't pay you but I will tell all my friends about it!
Old 8th February 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroper View Post

I'll try that with my dentist or doctor or even the chef down at the restaurant.

if you serve me a good meal, I can't pay you but I will tell all my friends about it!
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroper View Post

+1 on that my friend.

When it's done.....Whalsh will be the very first to bash on pirating his song.

Oh well...

The 777artin
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Nut

if theres no budget theres no budget...

most of the projects i do have a budget for me to bring in musicians if i need to, just looking for a favour on this one, a favour i intend to repay.

i havnt been paid anything upfront for this project myself, i dont normally work this way but the artist has potential so im working in hope.

enough with the hate!
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Please, guys. If you don't want to do it because you need to get paid, then don't do it. walsh350 is letting you know up front what the deal is, and if that's not your cup o' tea, then there are plenty more posts for you to respond to. Geez.
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Maniac

So you play bass.........will you do some tracks for me?

I don't have any budget but i'll get you credits on the record and upcoming work for you if you're good.

Good night people.
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2bonoman
Please, guys. If you don't want to do it because you need to get paid, then don't do it. walsh350 is letting you know up front what the deal is, and if that's not your cup o' tea, then there are plenty more posts for you to respond to. Geez.
Agreed! Walsh, I'd do it if I could play guitar. But I'm just a drummer... On the other hand, hit me up if you need drums!
Old 9th February 2011
RTR
Lives for gear

if you have not got someone yet let me know!
Old 9th February 2011
Gear Addict

The people whining about the fact that no payment is offered have obviously never tried freelancing. Experience and contacts gets you the paid work, most of the initial graft is unpaid.

To the OP, hope you get it sorted, I was gonna offer my services but I noticed this post too late! I was in fact noodling through my rig when this was posted...
Old 9th February 2011
Lives for gear

If I had a few free hours the past few days, I'd do it just because it'd be fun and I'd like to hear the final result. One day, I'm going to get myself semi-retired.

Actually, just like that "free stuff' thread, be kind of cool to have a space where GS'rs can contribute to each others compositions, and the results posted.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search