The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pure gold for Gearslutz! The Recording Techniques Behind Snakes & Arrows DAW Software
Old 8th April 2011
Lives for gear

I remember reading this articles few months back and loved it.

Im insanely excited about Clockwork Angles. When I first heard Caravan on the radio it just was crushing, specially the snare, absolutely loved the snare. During the intro I was already smiling, and couldnt stop through the whole song. Then the next song came on, it it just sounded so tiny and wimpy, the difference was enough that I actually started to laugh.

Not too go too off topic, but Richard, I read in an interview, I forget what it was about, but they asked at the end what your current projects were in you mentioned Dream Theater. Any details about that? (Not trying to figure out who the new drummer is either )

Anyways, good luck with everything you are doing and I love your work.
Old 8th April 2011
Harmless Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Korneff View Post
Damn... did I indirectly hurt your feelings too???
Not at ALL!!!

You have a WELL deserved reputation as a capable, talented, likable and generally all around humble guy.

I'm just kicking tires to see if anythings changed since you sold a few records.

HOHOHO.

Best regards,

SM.
Old 8th April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
I'm just kicking tires to see if anythings changed since you sold a few records.
You crack me up!!
Old 8th April 2011
Harmless Wacko

Quote:
You crack me up!!

I hoped you'd think so!!!

Knock 'em dead over there kid!

SM.
Old 8th April 2011
damn... now I cant tell if you're serious, or if you're calling me a dick to my face and I'm too dumb to realize.
ha!
Old 9th April 2011
Harmless Wacko

Quote:
damn... now I cant tell if you're serious, or if you're calling me a dick to my face and I'm too dumb to realize.
ha!
NONONO!

Nobody take the heat!!

I'm not that COMPLEX!!!

JUST KIDDING! KIDDING! KIDDING!!!

Jeezus.

The Internot sucks!!!

LMFBO.

Yer killing me/us.

Everybody back to work!!!!

SM.
Old 9th April 2011
Lives for gear

Important to note that Allaire Studios closed. So it goes.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Old 9th April 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
I get it.. your feelings are hurt. Unfortunately, thats what happens in a business where everything is highly subjective. I'll share a box of tissues with you cause there are plenty of people out there that think I've ruined their favorite band too. You cant please them all....

It's interesting that you bring in the figures of the DVD sales. Obviously there are lower thresholds to meet RIAA certifited points for DVD sales, but it's not a shock that one of the highest grossing live bands dont have any issues selling live DVD's. The snakes and arrows tour did well... but they dedicated large portions of the show to previous records (as they should - they have a bunch of great ones).

No need to worry. I'm just a kid with the "metallica" syndrome... my favorite band just isnt the same anymore. Dont lose sleep over my comments, as I will not lose sleep over yours. I'm sure Rush will dominate with Clockwork Angels
good luck, and I'll see ya on the charts...
Dan
Dan, were you into 'XYZ'? What a great jam it is. But I gotta say it has nothing on 'The Main Monkey Business' from Snakes & Arrows. For a real treat hear it on vinyl. This is the Rush I know and love, drums and all. thumbsup
Old 9th April 2011
Gear Guru

Old 9th April 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post
great acoustic sound
Old 15th April 2011
Gear Head

Snakes and Arrows

Not sure exactly what kind of thread I'm posting into here, came here via search for 'Snakes and Arrows'. Don't recognise anyone here 'part from Slippy.

Just wanted to give my 2p and say that 'Bravest Face' is pretty much the only tune that rocks my boat. The nostalgia tip made me smile (particularly the 'Hemispheres' chord).

For the most part I find the drums to be paper thin- I don't really understand why they should be different from 'Moving Pictures'- both digital, right?

Maybe it's the mastering again, but I just think tastes have changed- it all sounds too clacky to me. All sizzle, no steak. To me the opening of 'Highway To Hell' pretty much defines a rock drum sound for me, but I'll take 'Tom Sawyer' at a pinch..
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search