The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mixing hybrid from Nuendo into my Nicerizer 16 is Heaven. Audio example! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 4th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Mixing hybrid from Nuendo into my Nicerizer 16 is Heaven. Audio example!

I'm in love with my nicerizer 16. I've mixed quite a few cd's on it and couldn't picture my mixes without it. I've had it for a couple of years and have only recently had an issue with one of the cards having an intermittent static noise. I called Robin at Phoenix audio and he offered to send me a replacement card immediately no questions asked! Awesome unit, Great service!
Here is a youtube link of a song I recently mixed on it. Please audition at the 720p setting as this is also the best audio setting. Let me know what you think. Hope you like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_58NpL58fJw

I mix in the box on Nuendo out of an Aurora 16 into the Nicerizer 16, then to an API 2500, then to a UA2192, and back into Samplitude. I push the Nicerizer into the Red as this gives me a really nice FAT sound! I don't use any other external hardware.
Old 4th February 2011
Old 5th February 2011
Gear Addict

Nice mix.
Old 5th February 2011
Lives for gear

Even though I couldn't understand a word they said It sounded great thumbsup
Old 5th February 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dman View Post
Even though I couldn't understand a word they said It sounded great thumbsup
Yeah...It helps if you know Spanish! Man, I wish I could afford a nice analogue console like the one in the video! LOL!
Old 5th February 2011
Lives for gear

GREAT scotts! Nice one.
also, I'm luvin the accordian solo.

Did you happen to do an a/b without the nicerizer? be interesting to hear the difference.

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 5th February 2011
Gear Maniac

I don't do any AB'ing anymore as I'm convinced that I get much better results with the nicerizer. I suspect it's more the driving of the transformers than the actual summing I'm hearing, but I love it!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search