The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Importing Toft ATB from U.S. online store Consoles
Old 24th January 2011
Importing Toft ATB from U.S. online store

I'm seriously thinking about purchasing a Toft ATB16 mixer for my project studio.

So far, the only store around the area which seems to hold that product is Steve's Music. However, not only have I received horrible customer service everytime I shipped there, their actual price for the mixer is 6200$CAN, which is considerably more than the 5k$US it's going for at sweetwater and other US online stores.

It seems that even considering 300-400$ for shipping costs, buying it online would be a better option.

However, I'm worried about duties fees and customs brokers fees. I'm wondering if this TheFinalCost.com - Canadian total shipping fees calculator (brokerage, duty, customs) formula is reliable.

Does anybody have any experience about importing expensive pro audio products from the US to Canada?

Thanks!
Old 24th January 2011
Here for the gear

Canadian Suppliers?

Hey there,

I had many pleasurable dealings with Saved By Technology (based in Toronto). Why don't you look them up and give them a call and see if they can help you out? They can probably help you answer those questions about import charges etc.

I spent a year and a half in Toronto, and really appreciated their help in getting me set up with some great kit. I'd specifically recommend speaking to Darren, Steve or Brandon if you call.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Paul
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search