The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Miktek C5 vs. other SDC
Old 21st January 2011
Miktek C5 vs. other SDC

So I've found and read the other threads on GS but can't seem to find any audio clips of the C5 A/B'd against anything else. On the Miktek site there are endorsements by Michael Wagener and Bill VornDick, some clips of JUST the C5, but still no A/B.

Can anyone post some clips, preferably of acgtr, of the C5 AND another well known SDC... KM84, KM54, KM56, Schoeps, etc ?
Old 22nd January 2011
Old 26th January 2011
Old 24th February 2011
I'll try to get to it

I can do km 84 versus c5...guess I'll go with acoustic guitar...just remind me in case i forget...burning the candle at both ends....

So far I like the c5 for detail, but if I am just using one mic, i reach for the km 84 much more often...seems to reach past the transient and capture the resonance much much better. . . to me the c5 captures the initial transient TOO faithfully, which can lead to brittle...i dunno...I'll try to put up an a/b sometime soon. Like i said remind me!
Old 24th February 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmage View Post
I can do km 84 versus c5...guess I'll go with acoustic guitar...just remind me in case i forget...burning the candle at both ends....

So far I like the c5 for detail, but if I am just using one mic, i reach for the km 84 much more often...seems to reach past the transient and capture the resonance much much better. . . to me the c5 captures the initial transient TOO faithfully, which can lead to brittle...i dunno...I'll try to put up an a/b sometime soon. Like i said remind me!
Thanks. Consider yourself reminded :-)
Old 6th March 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmage View Post

friendly reminder
Old 7th March 2011
Gear Head

Actually, sorry....I reread that and saw that you wanted an A/B....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search