The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
One stereo guitar Cab with two amps
Old 20th January 2011
Here for the gear

One stereo guitar Cab with two amps

Hi,

This question goes to live-section.

I´m planning to double my guitar signal to stereo. Does anyone have experiences of using one stereo cabinet (2x12") with to amps? And especially experience with 2 mics on cabinet setting? I know that the best solution would be to amps and to cabs, but that is not possible right now so thats why this setup-idea.
My cab is ENGL 2x12" Pro Slanted E212VH

Thanks for your answers already!
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Yes, it will work, however, you wont have the biggest stereo spread coming from a 2x12. However, if you have both speakers micd, and the sound guy knows what he is doing, you can make sure one speaker is panned right, and the other is panned left, there can be some bleed, but it wont sound bad, its just kind of left in the hands of the sound guy, which could work out to sound great.

If you want a bigger difference, you can have a 5-7ms delay to one of the speakers, but because both speakers are in the same cabinet, im not sure if there will be phase issues, but you might as well try it and see how it sounds.

EDIT: Double check your ohms.
Old 20th January 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrick View Post
Yes, it will work, however, you wont have the biggest stereo spread coming from a 2x12. However, if you have both speakers micd, and the sound guy knows what he is doing, you can make sure one speaker is panned right, and the other is panned left, there can be some bleed, but it wont sound bad, its just kind of left in the hands of the sound guy, which could work out to sound great.

If you want a bigger difference, you can have a 5-7ms delay to one of the speakers, but because both speakers are in the same cabinet, im not sure if there will be phase issues, but you might as well try it and see how it sounds.

EDIT: Double check your ohms.
Thanks. I have already checked my ohms and shouldn´t be any problems (but I will do a triblecheck still...). The idea is specifically have delay on the other speaker.
Got to test it.
Has anyone experience about this???

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search