The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
C451B vs c451E Condenser Microphones
Old 28th January 2006
Lives for gear

C451B vs c451E

Hi, i have the opportunity to pick up one of either of these, i was just wondering if there is much difference between them, i was thinking the E may be best for now since they're outta production but i don't know?

Any help is appreciated as always.

Peace!!
Old 28th January 2006
Lives for gear

They are both useful mics. To my ears, the older C451E or EB versions are better sounding. The newer C451B's have slightly more high end, but something about the transformers in the old C451E is nice on acoustic guitars and snare drums. But I also have a couple of the new C451B's and they are very similar. You can get about 90 to 95% of the way there with a couple of dB drop in the highs before you hit the A-D converters, if you go that way (digital).

One other consideration - the newer C451B's will probably be more reliable, especially if you plan on using them for stage work, but I'd pick the older ones over the newer ones. I'd actually pick up both if I could.
Old 30th March 2010
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMUSIC View Post
i was thinking the E may be best for now since they're outta production but i don't know?
Hehe, now there's GearSlutz in a nutshell. If it's out of production it has to be better

Sven
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search