The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new year's gift from Beesneez Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Maniac

My new year's gift from Beesneez

I have to give Beesneez credit. I had a bad experience with an Arabella Studio series mic with a noise problem which was sent back for repairs and returned to me still having the same problem. I must say I was very annoyed at the to-ing and fro-ing and the time it took and asked for a refund. Ben then phoned me and offered me a producer series Arabella to make up for the discomfort and lost time. I have to commend him for doing this - this is great customer service. This is the advantage of dealing with a boutique company that is proud of their product. Thank you Ben!
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

I have had a similar experience. And the to'ing and fro'ing did get my hackles up.

In the end, the mic rocks!!!!

And in the end, He offers great customer service.
Old 20th January 2011
Beesneez in the U.S.A.

If you'd like to try/buy any Beesneez mic, please consider contacting us (a U.S. Beesneez dealer), as we are trying to keep most models in stock here. I can let you try out multiple models if you are having trouble deciding which mic to get, and you won't need to send anything back to Australia.

BeesNeez Microphones|BeesNeez Arabella Mic|Jade Microphone|BeesNeez James|Elly|Phelicity|Lulu|Sally|T1 Mics
Old 20th January 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks but I live in South Africa.
Old 20th January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beiteltjie View Post
Thanks but I live in South Africa.
Sorry, I meant it as a general statement to tapehiss and anyone else here in the U.S. that may be concerned about "to'ing and fro'ing" when considering the Beesneez mics. Many folks are not aware that there is a stocking U.S. dealer.
Glad Ben took care of you. He's a class-act.
Old 20th January 2011
Lives for gear

Hi, I love my arabella.
Old 4th August 2011
Gear Maniac

Arabella

Hi all,

I have the same problem with the Arabella Producer. It makes noise, pops and klicks. In figure 8 the most.
I think it's the power supply.

I think my dealer will take care of it.

It's a nice mic like and the Mahalia too.

I bought the 2.

Tony
Old 4th August 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Hi all,

I have the same problem with the Arabella Producer. It makes noise, pops and klicks. In figure 8 the most.
I think it's the power supply.

I think my dealer will take care of it.

It's a nice mic like and the Mahalia too.

I bought the 2.
The Mahalia and Arabella use the same power supply, so you can see if the power supply from the Mahalia fixes the problem. Beesneez mics have a lifetime warranty, so of course you'll be covered whether it's the psu or the mic itself.
Old 4th August 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
The Mahalia and Arabella use the same power supply, so you can see if the power supply from the Mahalia fixes the problem. Beesneez mics have a lifetime warranty, so of course you'll be covered whether it's the psu or the mic itself.
I know, but the Mahalia is on the way and not here yet.

I think it's the power supply, because with the test mics which I got for one week it was the same, I changed the power supply and it was gone.

I would really like to know why it happens only with the Arabella? Maybe it needs more power, but what do I know.

But they sound so good.....!!!!
Old 4th August 2011
Lives for gear

These are the kind of stories that make me want to be in business with this company. Someday!
Old 9th August 2011
Gear Maniac

Arabella

So now erverything is fine

It was the power supply....

That mic sound nice
Old 28th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Again Noise Problems!!!

It's not the mic, it's has something to do with the powersupply.

Ok, again back to the dealer.....
Old 7th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Tony

Is your power supply 240V or 120V in Germany?
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Head
I have the same problem with my Arabella producer , It makes noise, pops and klicks. In figure 8 the most
Ben sent a new power supply , but the problem was not solved..
Then hi sent me a new mic and the problem was not solved....
I tried the mic in 3 different recording studio , and the noises was there ...
Recently i connected the power supply to a computer UPS and the noise was there,
but when i disconnected the UPS from the wall outlet the noises was gone........
So i think those mics are very sensible to dirty current , the power conditioner can't do nothing ....
I also tried also a voltage stabilizer with a sinusoidal output voltage, and the noise was there....
With a different brand tube mic no noise at all.
Probably they work fine with drty current cleaned with a 1000$ power conditioner.
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
If you'd like to try/buy any Beesneez mic, please consider contacting us (a U.S. Beesneez dealer), as we are trying to keep most models in stock here. I can let you try out multiple models if you are having trouble deciding which mic to get, and you won't need to send anything back to Australia.

BeesNeez Microphones|BeesNeez Arabella Mic|Jade Microphone|BeesNeez James|Elly|Phelicity|Lulu|Sally|T1 Mics
Nice add, totally shameless. Maybe you should pay for adds.

I had a chance to demo about a dozen of the beezneez Mics. They were all noisy. Especially the T1. Nice Mics still but noisy.
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by gepposound View Post
Probably they work fine with drty current cleaned with a 1000$ power conditioner.
I was running the t1 plugged into a 4k$ equitech, still noisy.
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOcchialini View Post

I had a chance to demo about a dozen of the beezneez Mics. They were all noisy. Especially the T1. Nice Mics still but noisy.
I own the James. I don't find it to be noisy at all.
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by withintheflux View Post
I own the James. I don't find it to be noisy at all.
That's great you got a good one or it just doesn't bother you, I find their tube designs to be unacceptably noisy. The T1 was the noisiest tube mic I have ever used, my local rep said I was definitely not the only person who had said that.
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beiteltjie View Post
Tony

Is your power supply 240V or 120V in Germany?
Hi Beiteltjie,

it's 240 V.

Why?
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gepposound View Post
I have the same problem with my Arabella producer , It makes noise, pops and klicks. In figure 8 the most
Ben sent a new power supply , but the problem was not solved..
Then hi sent me a new mic and the problem was not solved....
I tried the mic in 3 different recording studio , and the noises was there ...
Recently i connected the power supply to a computer UPS and the noise was there,
but when i disconnected the UPS from the wall outlet the noises was gone........
So i think those mics are very sensible to dirty current , the power conditioner can't do nothing ....
I also tried also a voltage stabilizer with a sinusoidal output voltage, and the noise was there....
With a different brand tube mic no noise at all.
So what can I do?

I have to mics Mahalia + Arabella

So it seems that Beesneez maybe has a PSU Problem.

I wrote Ben but didn't ge a response, don't know maybe my email get in his spam folder. The 2 Mics are now at my dealer to check them.

I have the same and most problem with figure 8.

I think there must be more peoples who have made the same experience!?
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
So what can I do?

I wrote Ben but didn't ge a response, don't know maybe my email get in his spam folder. The 2 Mics are now at my dealer to check them.

When I demo'd his Mics I suspected the noise was due to power supply issues, in the past I have had better power supplies made for noisy Mics and it's been a night and day improvement. However for the price of a T1, I would expect it to be quiet.
Old 9th October 2011
Gear Maniac

I had a blue kiwi that had to have its capsule and interior replaced, i sent it to BeesNeez to get fixed.
It did take a while to do, but the end result was great, i had a stellar sounding mic that shines beyond a normal Blue Kiwi!
Old 10th October 2011
Gear Maniac

I also think the problem is due to power quality. I have noticed, even with the studio series, that the noise is definitely worse in the evenings, probably when the power balance between the three phases (split between three homes) is probably worse. I was also thinking it might be more prevalent for 240V supply. Dont know if this is possible, though.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

i'm sure the BN mics are great but there are SO MANY stories of dud mics arriving and then having to send em back & forth etc etc etc......i live in London and i just can't be stuffed going through all that.
Old 10th October 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
i'm sure the BN mics are great but there are SO MANY stories of dud mics arriving and then having to send em back & forth etc etc etc......i live in London and i just can't be stuffed going through all that.
shame they makes nice mic's, any product can be hit n miss. recieved mine no issue and if you read long enough about any product and you'll find a problem.
Old 10th October 2011
Gear Maniac

My intention with this thread was actually to commend BN on the great customer service, which you don't find everywhere these days. I had some pains but looking back I'm glad I stuck it out and would have done the same thing if I had to go through the same process. Having said that I think Ben might have to look at this as it seems to be a recurring, although intermittent, problem.
Old 10th October 2011
Lives for gear

I love my James, but it is indeed pretty noisy (even after a mod and tube replacement).

Good for only a few tracks in a sensitive mix. Then I gotta go to my Neumann TLM170 or if I need a tube mic, I can use the Avant BV-1....
Old 10th October 2011
Dz7
Gear Addict
Quote:
So what can I do?

Tony, I'm sorry you're having these issues. I emailed Ben to inquire about his microphones over a year ago and never heard back. I didn't even bother trying to get any more information, bought a large order from another company- if customer service is lacking BEFORE a purchase, I can only imagine afterwards (and I'm Australian, too!) I hope this issue eventually gets resolved to your satisfaction. GL!
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Noisy Beesneez

To be clear I think that the Arabella + Mahalia are very good sounding Mics!

I read this, someone from germany has made similar experience.

Arabella Producer Series ( BeesNeez )

Post 61

And someone mention here maybe it's the PSU.
My 2 Mics are now at my dealer here in Germany. So I can't look right now at the PSU but I think there is a red switch for 120V and 240V, don't know.

So I looked at wikipedia for Voltage and Herz.

Australia 240V 50Hz

Germany 230V 50Hz

Could that 10V makes the different for german user????

I few years ago I made the experience with a M-Audio ProjectMix where after 1 year it doesn't really power up, all lights was flashing etc. I thought it must be the PSU, I bought a new one, but the same thing happened.
So I thought give him 1V more..... and then everything power up as it should!

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 11th October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulOcchialini View Post

Paul, while some vendors sneak in ad content, I like to know vendors who are on Gearslutz, especially representing companies far away. In this case I needed a local Rep for my T1 so it was useful info. I try to support Gearslutz vendors whenever possible, especially if they have a positive presence here.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search