The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new year's gift from Beesneez Condenser Microphones
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

Hi guys, whilst comments in a negative sense can be bad for business, i think you all may need to put things into perspective. We ship over 2000 mics per year (yes you read it right two thousand microphones every year). From these, we are perhaps getting returns and/or noisy microphones of around 30 - 40 microphones per year. you do the math, it is as good as it gets.

Unfortunately, i do not make the tubes that we use in the mics and occasionally they can get noisy after 20 - 30 hours of use. this can also happen during transportation between countries and therefore we are left with no other options but to repair and reship the mic once it is fixed.

I realise at times that repairs can take a little longer than desired but again, we do the best we can and can to this day say that not a single customer has been left hanging with an unusable product.

To the gentleman that posted of not hearing back from us after 1 email sent; we may have lost your sale but you also lost a great opportunity to use and amazing line of microphones. Mail can sometimes be diverted to spam as we receive up to 1000 emails a day in our inboxes.

To Paul ; I am curious as to how you measured our mics to be noisy as they are all pass/failed to the highest of industry standards.

I hope this post finds you all well, sorry i don't get to post too much these days but i find myself needing a few hours sleep each day as i am getting older.

cheers.
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

I am happy Arabella owner... Not noise not problems with the power.
Old 19th October 2011
Lives for gear

I figured Ben would chime in and mention the sheer numbers. And right he most likely is. It just makes sense.

I will add that, going by what I've been reading here over the last years, I believe his microphone selling business made a spectacular rise in a relatively short time. I'm pretty convinced that the internet and this very forum in particular had something to do with that. It put a magnifying glass on that talented microphone builder from somewhere down under. It's that same magnifying glass that's now causing some trouble.

Henk
Old 20th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Beesneez

Hi Ben,

nice that you are here!

I want really that erverybody knows, that your Mics are for me the best I ever heard!
That's the reason I bought 2 (Arabella+Mahalia) at once!
My Mics are on the way to you

I love your Mics!!!

Tony
Old 24th October 2011
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mics View Post
To Paul ; I am curious as to how you measured our mics to be noisy as they are all pass/failed to the highest of industry standards.
To measure the noise of the Mics I used my ears and compared the T1 (specifically)to a few of the 20 tube Mics I own. Of the 20, I'd say 10 of them have been modified to reduce noise and to also improve sonics.

Highest of industry standards is all well and good. Please understand I am very particular. Your microphones are very nice Mics. I actually have your capsule in a peluso mic I modded. That mic, 2247, also has a new power supply, and transformer, plus a few other tweaks.

I am not an electrical engineer or a designer of microphones/recording equipment. It's been my experience that a properly built psu can and will improve sonics and reduce noise of any piece of gear, especially tube gear.
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

I have two Beesneez mic's James and Mahalia.
My new album was recorded using the Mahalia on all tracks.
Never regret buying both.
And in fact there are ten pieces of my album on it's way to Australia.
If you buy a Mahalia you get my album as a gift.
You read it well, without any extra payment you get my album.
Maybe Ben can climb in to mention when we will publish it on GS aswell as the newsletter.

Grreetz,

Paul
Old 10th November 2011
Lives for gear

Awesome. I'm really looking forward to the James and Arabella Producer Series mics I have on the way.
Old 21st November 2011
Gear Maniac

Getting my James 60 on Wednesday!
Old 21st November 2011
Gear Head

Perhaps it's an Australian thing

I have a Rode K2 that, when in figure of 8, has issues, never had the time to look into it tho.

Ps. I'm am Australian... and really like both my K2's
Old 21st November 2011
Of all the Beesneez mics we've shipped, we've only needed to replace one power supply, one mic, and one shock mount so far (not all at once), which puts Beesneez quality control as good as any other microphone manufacturer we've worked with. Stuff happens.... We stock the mics, power supplies, and extra parts here so that they can be replaced immediately when needed (so they don't need to ship from Australia).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search