The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HD24 MMC problem Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3rd January 2011
Deleted 3538e9d
HD24 MMC problem

Basically i'm doing a university project using all hardware and am having a problem with sending MTC out of the HD24 i'm using. I need to be able to start/stop either a TR707, Doepfer MSY2 or MMT8 (only devices I have that use MIDI) via MTC so I can easily multitrack this stuff into a more interesting composition instead of recording just one long jam.

Whatever MIDI device works will be clocking a TR606 via DIN sync which will be triggering an SH101 and a couple of Doepfer modulars. I have MTC and MMC send out of the HD24 enabled, the MSY2 has a clock LED which lights up when MIDI out from the HD24 is connected but the stop/start light doesnt. External MIDI is enabled on the MMT8, the 707 is working clocked from my DAW so I cant really figure out whats going on. The cables I have work for both MIDI and DIN sync duties between all my gear but just dont seem to want to work with the HD24.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Thanks
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

I sometimes slave-sync my DAW (DP) to my HD24 via adat sync using a Motu interface. While I've never tried it, the DAW should then be able to send MTC or midi clock to other devices. I'm pretty sure the sync signal being sent out of the HD24's sync connector is not midi time code, but rather its own protocol.
Old 3rd January 2011
Deleted 3538e9d
Ah the problem is that the title of my project is 'Composition and production of electronic music without the use of computers' so i'm trying not to use any computers. Obviously the TR707 or MMT8 will be managing timing, just need stop/start functions to work so when i hit record on the HD24 all my stuff will start running.
Old 4th January 2011
Lives for gear

My HD24 handles MMC/MTC just fine with my sequencer. I don't remember any special trick to make it work.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search