The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
If not a UA 2192 Converter, than what, a Burl B-2 Bomber? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

If not a UA 2192 Converter, than what, a Burl B-2 Bomber?

So I've known that the Universal Audio 2192 has been discontinued for more than six months but I stumbled upon an online store claiming to be getting just one in at the end of december. I immediately put an order in! But today, a week later, I was informed that no, they wouldn't be getting any. No huge surprise to me, but still a bummer...

I was looking forward to getting the 2192, I've heard many great things about it, and wanted the coloration I heard it gave. My question now is whether there are any converters out there like the 2192? I know the creators of the 2192 put together Burl Audio and designed the B-2 Bomber ADC and DAC. How are those Burl converters and are they similiar to the 2192 in design and use of analog circuitry? For those who own a 2192, what would you rather have, the Burl converters or the 2192 (and I know this might be apples to oranges).?
Old 3rd January 2011
Gearslutz.com - Search Results

Search function thumbsup

B2 sounds better IMO. It is the result of the 2192's designer taking it to the next level.

YMMV.

Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

I had the 2192. Now I happily use the Bomber every day. Better in every way...besides price.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Lavry blue is still better than 2192 to me.
Old 14th January 2011
Gear Maniac

I have a 2192 and it's a superb machine! drive it hard and you'll see what I'm talking about. the bomber has a great feature a trim knob on the front...besides that, it must probably be a matter of test and taste...
Old 14th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL View Post

For me it's the opposite
Old 14th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIDBILL View Post
Opposite for me as well. I only liked the Lavry Gold and the blue/black really didn't do it for me although there are users out there that love it to death.
Old 14th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman View Post
For me it's the opposite
Lavry blue/2192 from another thread: (Just wanted to share my thoughts on my Lavry Blue vs UA 2192 comparison...)

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It's exactly what I hear from my Lavry blue and the 2192.
2192 add color, cool, but I prefer to have better conversion and add the color I want from the ATR102...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search