The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
2 mytek ADC and on Digi001 ? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

2 mytek ADC and on Digi001 ?

Hello every one,

I'm now using a 2 channel Mytek converter with S/pdif hooked to my digi002.

I now need 2 more good channels and I was wondering if I could add another mytek 2 channel with the ADAT in of the digi 001.

In other words, is it possible to use both s/pdif and ADAT with the digi 001 ?
(I know digi 001 is crap but my setup works perfectly well and I don't want to change my audio interface right now....).

Another question : the mytek out is Toslink. Is it compatible with the ADAT input of the digi 001 ?

Thanks a lot for you answers / advices !
Old 3rd January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post
Hello every one,

I'm now using a 2 channel Mytek converter with S/pdif hooked to my digi002.

I now need 2 more good channels and I was wondering if I could add another mytek 2 channel with the ADAT in of the digi 001.

In other words, is it possible to use both s/pdif and ADAT with the digi 001 ?
(I know digi 001 is crap but my setup works perfectly well and I don't want to change my audio interface right now....).

Another question : the mytek out is Toslink. Is it compatible with the ADAT input of the digi 001 ?

Thanks a lot for you answers / advices !
No - you CAN use SPDIF and ADAT together, but this isn't what you're asking - you want to use SPDIF optical and SPDIF co-ax together, which isn't possible.

To expand your setup, you need to get an ADAT interface, which are pretty much all 8-channel interfaces.
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Actually I want to put one mytek in spdif coaxial and one mytek in optical ADAT (new stereo mytek now have a toslink output !). If I understand correctly, this setup would work. I'm I wrong ?
Old 3rd January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by groucho View Post
Actually I want to put one mytek in spdif coaxial and one mytek in optical ADAT (new stereo mytek now have a toslink output !). If I understand correctly, this setup would work. I'm I wrong ?
Optical ADAT, not Optical SPDIF? you're sure? I've never heard of a 2-channel converter which has an optical ADAT output, using 2 channels...generally the only time you get 2-channels over ADAT is if it's s-muxing and at a high sample rate (eg using 2 ADAT ports to get 96k audio in and out, 4 channels per port).

If your mytek genuinely does output ADAT format, then yes it would work. However it's much more likely that it's outputting optical SPDIF, which is a different format, and in that case it wouldn't.

Make sure you check this.
Old 3rd January 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks for your explanations !
I think you are right. I guess I will have to buy another converters for using 8 channels of ADAT.

Thanks again !
Old 13th January 2011
Gear Head

The stereo ADC is capable of outputting optical s/pdif as well as optical adat by changing an internal switch. Furthermore you can assign it to pairs 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, or 7/8. It is detailed in the manual.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search