The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tapco model 6000 Mixers (Analog)
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Head

Tapco model 6000

Anyone know how the preamps on a Tapco model 6000 sound?

I just found out my dad was given one for free and I'm curious as to what kind of reputation this piece of equipment holds. It looks older, like late 80's or early 90's, but I don't know for sure.
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Oh my. The 6000R? ('R might have meant the reverb?) That was the first mixer I bought, and I picked it 'cause at the time it sounded truer than the others.. But back then music store PA gear was, well let's just say that was Greg Mackie's calling wasn't it- to up the game for us? heh
Anywho.. It's been so long now to be honest I have no current opine' for ha.
I know the goo he put in the pots dried out- you might find they're tough to use. But fire it up. Let us know.thumbsup
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Head

Tapco model 6000

Ha thanks. The pots are a little tough. And I didn't see any "R" in the name, just 6000. I'll put up a pic or two tomorrow and maybe get a short vocal track up with a comparison.
Old 4th January 2011
Gear Head

Here is an audio test of the Tapco. I compared it with my profire interface as well as a behringer board. Everything was leveled out as far as eq goes. I forgot to zero the eq on the behringer, so i rolled off some bass and mids and boosted the highs a bit in protools on that track. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by bthr22; 4th January 2011 at 05:28 AM.. Reason: Well, the file I have is too large, even when compressed. And I'm not able to convert to an mp3, so if I can figure something else out, I'll post the audio. Suggestions are welcome too
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search