The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sat. Plugs - JB Ferox compare well with the newer plugs?
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Sat. Plugs - JB Ferox compare well with the newer plugs?

Hey all,
I still have the free JB Ferox tape simulation plug in from years ago, but seeing all the new tape saturation and simulation etc plugs around, wondering if anyone has both and could fill in on how well it compares? I love it on drums but haven't invested in anything else, am i missing out?
Old 8th May 2011
Lives for gear

Hijacking the thread.....

Does anyone know of a working link to the free FEROX vst? Looks like Jeroen doesn't keep it on his web anymore.
Old 8th May 2011
Lives for gear

Oh, other plugins of his would be great too!
Old 8th May 2011
Lives for gear

He launched a new site here: ToneBoosters

Not sure he's offering all his freebies like he used to. They've all been given a new GUI though.
Old 8th May 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks, I've noticed the change, that's why I'm asking.
I used to have Ferox somewhere, I will have to dig through a pile of backup DVD's I guess....
Old 24th May 2011
Bump on the original post, I'm curious too. Have tried several Tape EMUs over the years but always seem to come back to Ferox. My tape experience is pretty much limited to 2tk 1/4" flanger/echo and 4tk/cassette but Ferox seems to bring out the best of what (in my head) I think of as "that sound". It can be subtle or very over the top. The feedback feature really adds some nice color when used with restraint.

...That said I haven't tried all the latest (greatest?) including A800, Roundtone, etc. I do have Fatsos (UAD and UBK) and they do some things very well but really aren't a full tape emulation.
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

bumpin up an old thread! I, too, was looking for Ferox, something unique about it. I'd heard the developer was giving it away for free and eventually I found the arhive link. so here you go:

web.archive.org/web/20130608183939/http://www.jeroenbreebaart.com/vst/jb_vst_plugins.zip
Old 20th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutit View Post
bumpin up an old thread! I, too, was looking for Ferox, something unique about it. I'd heard the developer was giving it away for free and eventually I found the arhive link. so here you go:

web.archive.org/web/20130608183939/http://www.jeroenbreebaart.com/vst/jb_vst_plugins.zip
Thanks
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search