The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guitar head in control room, cab in live room.
Old 2nd January 2011
Here for the gear

Guitar head in control room, cab in live room.

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been covered before but I wanted to dabble into myself and see what I can gather.

What I want to achieve is to have a guitar players head in the control room with me so I can tweak settings, and have it drive his cabinet out in the live room. How is this possible and is there a way to utilize the snake that runs between the two rooms rather than running another cable. Any suggestions?
Old 3rd January 2011
Lives for gear

Hey Steetz, and welcome to Gearslutz!

You'll get more response to this if you post it in the Guitar subsection of the "So Much Gear So Little Time" forum - this forum is for people who do remote location recording (concerts and such).

And, for the record, don't use a studio snake for what you're talking about - it's designed to carry mic-level signals, not the output of a power amplifier.
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear

I usually do this in my studio.
I have speaker cables drawn to every studio for this matter from the control room.

All the speaker cables are connected to a TRS patch in the control room and from there they are easily patched between the studios.
Old 8th January 2011
Mastering Moderator

Both tracking rooms in our rec studio have three cab
feeds from/to the control room.
We could not live witouth them......heh
Old 8th January 2011
Lives for gear
You want to minimize signal loss, so I'd suggest at least a 14 AWG cable with a minimum run length. Other than that, it'd be really easy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search