The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any vintage Marshall speaker afficianados in the house?
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Any vintage Marshall speaker afficianados in the house?

I'm trying to track down the provenance of an old Marshall cab which the guitarists in both my bands share between them. So far it really is the cab of mystery as all I've been able to find on the net is someone in Quebec asking about it, and likewise not finding an answer.

It's a 1x15" cab with an unusual "horn" design to the front baffle. The speaker is an 8ohm Celestion Powercel 250 which originally had an aluminium dustcap until it spontaneously ruptured during one practice (I was able to do a dustcap transplant from another speaker with some very careful craft knife work). I've been able to find more info about the speaker than the cab itself. (from here) But I'm curious as to it's origins all the same.

Sound-wise it's a fantastic cab. It sounds like no Marshall cab I've ever heard, even the better v30 models.

Here's a picture of the one my bands use behind my kit, and the only other picture of the cab model I've been able to find online.
Attached Thumbnails
Any vintage Marshall speaker afficianados in the house?-rogerdubois2-1288069479-0.jpg   Any vintage Marshall speaker afficianados in the house?-bild0099.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search