The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
best interface preamps? Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd January 2011
Here for the gear

best interface preamps?

I'm trying to complete a little solo acoustic project and am wondering what options i have out there for an audio interface that has some decent preamps on it. I used the m audio fast track pro today and am laughably intrigued by how easily a name can sell you a crappy product. I've been duped, can you guys lend me some direction?

specs
dell laptop
pentium dual core t440 @ 220 ghz
4g ram
windows 7 64 bit
DAW sonar 8.5 producers edition
I'll run an old version of pro tools if the hardware is compatible and affordable.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

metric halo

anything made by metric halo

but most people would say just buy an external preamp
Old 2nd January 2011
Here for the gear

I forgot to mention my budget is dangerously close to the $500 mark, realizing that I'm not gonna get the anything great with that. For example, focusrite, or m audio? tascam? or... thanks for the reply though! I would love to have anything by metric halo if I could afford it.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

I would seriously consider the Steinberg MR816X Steinberg MR816 Firewire DSP Studio
For your sort of budget, this is FANTASTIC value for money. Sounds great and you could certainly make a GREAT recording with it.

Just re-reading again, I see that you are on a lap top, so of course you need to make sure that you can use firewire.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search