The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Motif 6 Buzz/Feedback when Re-sampling
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Motif 6 Buzz/Feedback when Re-sampling

I'm picking up some kind of feedback when trying to re-sample in my Motif 6. Ater playing back what I recorded, its not there initially, but then slightly creeps in and builds up louder and louder. It doesnt get super loud, and might not be that noticeable with a lot of instruments playing over it, but its definitely there and annoying.

The strange thing is 're-sampling' is just supposed to be a recording of the machines output, however, the feedback isnt there when listening through headphones, or recording out of the outputs. Only when re-sampling.

I've read about a lot of ppl having problems with Motifs and ground hum, which is what I thought this was at first, but now I think its something different because if its was coming from the main power supply then it should be present at ALL times, not just re-sampling.

Also to note is that its not the A/D Inputs because I can sample IN with no problem. And also not any faulty cables because I actually unplugged everything but the power cord and tried it, and still the same feedback.

I'm going to try a 3-2 prong adaptor on the power cord, which is supposed to elinimate the ground hum, and I'm hoping that will work.

Anybody ever have a similar problem, or any advice how to fix it?

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search