The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Structure free distorted samples? DAW Software
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Head

Structure free distorted samples?

When i use structure free to audition samples from its browser window, some samples play normally, however some are all damaged.. Im not sure what it is, but iut blasts out loads of white noize and its really loud as well, super loud.. could be dangerous for ears..

I got my pro tools running kind of ok, but does anyone know about this issue and is there a way to fix it?
Old 2nd January 2011
I don't have the Structure Free sample player plugin, so I don't know. But logically, it must be a software fault that only the developer could fix.

In my experience, there are so many different types of wave file format, not to mention all the other audio file formats, that it's very common to find certain audio file software has issues with some of them.

A lot of audio files contain embedded text or meta data, which is used in certain software for things like storing notes about a recording session or whatever. Maybe this software is reading some data that it shouldn't and playing it as audio?? That's my best guess - and you could probably test this theory by simply opening the sample with some other software than can read it, and saving it in another file format. Hopefully this would lose the unwanted data, and play back ok in Structure Free. or not.

Send some of the files that crap out to the developer so they can fix their product.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search