The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Really cheap software???
Old 1st January 2011
Really cheap software???

** link removed **

So I went to research the softube plugins and this link popped up. What's the deal? It's a little too good to be true. The urs everything bundle is $30.

Last edited by Whitecat; 2nd January 2011 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: moderator edit: link removed, don't want to do anyone any favours
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear
oem sale is a lie, they're selling crack software.
Old 1st January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooker View Post
oem sale is a lie, they're selling crack software.
Thanks, You would think softube or the other software manufacturers would shut em down. The links were second on Google, right after softube's website.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah and if your computer survives it, your credit card probably won't.heh
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

I've always been a zealot against cracks and pirated software, etc. But once I slipped. A guy on ebay was selling the Miroslav Vitous orchestral library pretty cheaply ( this was the original library which retailed for a about $3 grand). Like an idiot I bought it, only to find he had simply burned copies of the original. By my honor, however, I have never used them, professionally nor casually, nor will I. I reported the guy to eBay, but they didn't do anything
Old 2nd January 2011

the 30 dollar an less pirated software is why these companies have to charge 1,000 + dollars to begin with
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos24 View Post
the 30 dollar an less pirated software is why these companies have to charge 1,000 + dollars to begin with
I think that the polar opposite is true.

The software companies could ditch the coin (put it back in their own pockets) that they spend on anti piracy solutions like ilok and the like. These things only really serve to annoy end users anyway. Then they lower the price of plugs to $49.99, $79.99 & $99.99 each. They would do away with piracy on mass. It will obviously never disappear. Think about it. You have great developers like Massey and others who do just that. I know a lot of people that use cracks (unfortunately) but I also know that when all the software plug specials hit record lows, these same guys went legit. That is coin that the developers had never had access to before. Group buys are also proof that this works. Scale of economy is larger and they would save the profit that they currently are spending on anti piracy measures.

The developers that grab this idea will prosper and build an extremely happy and loyal user base.

Maybe I am just sprouting some crazy rhetoric...but this is precisely why I refuse to buy many plugs and spend my money on hardware.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug hazelrigg View Post
I've always been a zealot against cracks and pirated software, etc. But once I slipped. A guy on ebay was selling the Miroslav Vitous orchestral library pretty cheaply ( this was the original library which retailed for a about $3 grand). Like an idiot I bought it, only to find he had simply burned copies of the original. By my honor, however, I have never used them, professionally nor casually, nor will I. I reported the guy to eBay, but they didn't do anything
Good on you for your attitude.
Old 2nd January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post

The software companies could ditch the coin (put it back in their own pockets) that they spend on anti piracy solutions like ilok and the like. These things only really serve to annoy end users anyway. Then they lower the price of plugs to $49.99, $79.99 & $99.99 each. They would do away with piracy on mass. It will obviously never disappear. Think about it. You have great developers like Massey and others who do just that. I know a lot of people that use cracks (unfortunately) but I also know that when all the software plug specials hit record lows, these same guys went legit. That is coin that the developers had never had access to before. Group buys are also proof that this works. Scale of economy is larger and they would save the profit that they currently are spending on anti piracy measures.

The developers that grab this idea will prosper and build an extremely happy and loyal user base.

Maybe I am just sprouting some crazy rhetoric...but this is precisely why I refuse to buy many plugs and spend my money on hardware.

I won't use any cracked software. I think it's an honor thing too. But I do wish there were more Masseys and less Waves. I spent about $1000 on Waves and then they wanted some ridiculous amount to update all of my plugs so I decided to try and live without em for a little while... That was three years ago. Anyone want to buy a bunch of Waves V 3.6?
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David View Post

I won't use any cracked software. I think it's an honor thing too. But I do wish there were more Masseys and less Waves. I spent about $1000 on Waves and then they wanted some ridiculous amount to update all of my plugs so I decided to try and live without em for a little while... That was three years ago. Anyone want to buy a bunch of Waves V 3.6?
I am with you brother..that is what I am saying.
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul David View Post
... But I do wish there were more Masseys and less Waves. I spent about $1000 on Waves and then they wanted some ridiculous amount to update all of my plugs so I decided to try and live without em for a little while... That was three years ago. Anyone want to buy a bunch of Waves V 3.6?
Yeah, I don't think Waves plugins are essential anymore. So many great alternatives now.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

To whoever removed the link to that site, "Thank you". Google would treated that link as made of gold and would have then made that company higher in the search results. Thanks for that!
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

we need more plugins like Massey's
Old 2nd January 2011
Gear Maniac

join the UAD family and you'll be happy free updates as I read on www.sweetwater.com

I keep posting this but I think getting the UAD Omni package adding their SSL package and Studer plugins
this the way to go.. you won't need anymore plugs for a long,long,long time..
maybe adding some very special hardware turned software plug in the future that's just so amazing it will have just about every gearslut software user foaming at the mouth

but free updates on the their plugs that's what's up so they improve on the plugs they made with the original hardware manufacturers....

when Waves makes their plug-in do they work with the orginal hardware manufacturers that they are trying to emulate?????

but this is my opinion after looking at many other plug-in companies Massey seems good but joining the UAD seems like a better opportunity for me....
seems they will be making many more highend plugs in the future and updating the ones they have already made...
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post

It's true.

But then, how about I say, I'm going to give you a microphone. You can't sell it, you have to use it. You can have my £10,000 mic or my £40 mic, which one do you want?

Of course - the £10,000 one. Because it's better, right?

So naturally, if you want to tell everyone your new EQ is the best EQ plug in the world, you make it cost 3 grand and everyone's like 'woah I heard it's amazing' before it's even out.
Old 2nd January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigd View Post
It's true.

But then, how about I say, I'm going to give you a microphone. You can't sell it, you have to use it. You can have my £10,000 mic or my £40 mic, which one do you want?

Of course - the £10,000 one. Because it's better, right?

So naturally, if you want to tell everyone your new EQ is the best EQ plug in the world, you make it cost 3 grand and everyone's like 'woah I heard it's amazing' before it's even out.
Maybe people who are stupid...which is not a stretch here on GS sometimes. ; )
I own some high end gear and some gear that others may not consider high end, but after much trial and error have found to be infinitely workable in my workflow. If it sounds good it is good. Case in point are my Auditronics 501 channel strips. $75 each and they sound amazing. Their EQ is second to none. Cheap but high end. If people buy based on high prices, then more fool them.
I mean I love my U67 but I would not pay $7k for it.
Old 5th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fataltone View Post
join the UAD family and you'll be happy free updates...
Yeah, free updates until they upgrade to a new card that you'll have to buy to keep current. True, you won't have to pay for the plugins again, but that cost is shifted to the required hardware.

As a UAD user I bought the UAD1 on day one and now have the UAD2 also. The new card is NOT cheap, and it's required to run any of their new plugins. I'm not complaining, I'm a happy UA customer, but I think it's important to point this out.

Quote:
but free updates on the their plugs that's what's up so they improve on the plugs they made with the original hardware manufacturers....
They typically don't improve their plugins once they're released. Bug fixes, sure, but not signal processing updates. There have been some cases of slight GUI enhancements (Plate 140) that were free, but for instance the algorithm update to the 4K plugins (coupled with the addition of the SSL name) costs users $50 per plugin.

Quote:
seems they [UAD] will be making many more highend plugs in the future and updating the ones they have already made...
Yes, expect great things down the line, but again, don't expect them to improve the plugins they already made, and if they do it might cost you.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search