The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME 9652 optical spacing corrected?
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Nut

RME 9652 optical spacing corrected?

Researching old threads I discovered a potential problem with the 9652 card... It seems the spacing does not allow for premium optical cables (the ones with the shell around the connector). Has this problem been corrected? I am in search of a 9652 card now and need to know if I need to look elsewhere. This thread was four years old, and I'm just wondering if changes had been made since then.
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

Not sure this applies and I haden't heard of this, I have 'in's that are about 3/8" wide next to out's which happen to be about a half inch wide. But looking at a fairly recent RayDat I see they're alternated in the rows. Hmm. Now if they were both the larger' would they not fit? Don't know. Looks like they might.

Oops. No 'shell around them here. (On the other hand, no problem in ten years' with'em either so.. : >)
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

I am using some fairly fat optical cables with mine & no problems.

Not sure what you are looking to use in the way of connectors, but there again the bit of glass up the middle is the same on all of them & that is the only place there is any signal flow, regardless of how much plastic you have round the outside.
My cables wander around inside a length of multi-exit cable tidy & are kept fairly static.
Not sure what you would gain from going with an optical cable with Big Butch Connectors....(TM)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search