The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dynacord DRP 15 + 16 ?????
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Maniac

Dynacord DRP 15 + 16 ?????

Hi,

I heard a lot of good things about the Dynacord DRP 15, some even saying that it was compared to the PCM 70!

But how about the DRP 16 ??

Is it an older unit? Better sounding? Worse?

For how much did these boxes retail back in the day??

Which of both is the reverb to get or are they of the same quality?

Thanks for reading and have a great evening,
Sascha
Old 1st January 2011
Gear Maniac

Drp 16 m ???

Oh and I just saw that there was obviously also a DRP 16 M released sometime.

So if you could not only comment on the differences between the DRP 15 and 16 but also between DRP 16 and DRP 16 M this would be great and really appreciated!

Thanks a lot my friends!
Sascha
Old 7th March 2012
Sorry for the late-ish reply. I understand that the 16 is quite a bit earlier that the 15, which in turn is a later relative of the DRP 20. The 16 I think, from some German pages I have seen was around 1986.
http://www.touched-by-sound.com/de/R..._DRP_16_M.html
I have not used a DRP 16 but I think it was a lower end item, price wise than the 15. Someone may wish to correct me.
There was also a DRP 5 from around 1994 which had similar patches to the 15 and was much cheaper.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/1994...acorddrp5.html
This article also indicates the DRP 15 was released in 1993.
Old 10th March 2012
Gear Maniac

Thanks for your reply!
Yes, these are the infos I also have. :(

Perhaps one day I will pull the trigger on an DRP 16, just to have some nice effect-box around.. for EFFECT sounds..
Old 8th September 2013
Gear Addict
The DRP 16 is an earlier mono in stereo out reverb with 8 factory presets that are relatively different but no parameter adjustments other than your basic wet/dry and a tone adjustment. There was an option to add more presets and an updated version with that option. It's rather early and strange sounding by modern standards so it may very well be a special character piece or unacceptable sounding.

The DRP 15 is a newer multieffects box including reverb with many options. It seems to pass the dry input in stereo but the FX are summed in and go out stereo. I believe the DRP 5 came out a few years later and seemed similar but at a lower list price. There also seems to be a DRP 10 that looks very similar but I have little info on.

The DRP 20 is a fairly early higher end studio reverb which I've heard has a later balanced version

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search