The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitor/Interace Issue Headphone Amps
Old 1st January 2011
Monitor/Interace Issue

I finally got my brand new monitors going yesterday...only to find out one of my monitor inputs on my interface doesn't work. I'm sure it's this b/c I tested both cables and monitors with both outputs and it's definitely numero dos.

1 works fine, can I split that signal to the 2 monitors with a Y adapter? Don't wanna fry anything so I'll be waiting fellow GS!

Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

You will probably get more and better responses if you tell us both what interface and which monitors you are using...
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

You won't blow anything up by splitting that output to your two monitors, but I don't see why you would want too. You'd be listening in mono if you did that...
Old 1st January 2011
Sorry, I failed to mention my interface is a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and my monitors are krk rokit rp6se.

any help is appreciated. my interface is brand new

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search