The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The Best In Ear Monitoring System.
Old 1st January 2011
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

The Best In Ear Monitoring System.

Just got an In Ear Monitoring system for under $150 on ebay . Well it's my first; and was under the impression that the audio quality would sound the same as when i'm listening to music on my Ipod but that's not the case. Need help . I guess i need to spend more than $150 for Cd quality Listening on an In Ear Monitoring System.
Old 1st January 2011
  #2
Here for the gear
 

Hmmm which one did you get? Westone? I'll be honest that I use customs (westone ES5). But many of the shure and westone IEMs would be fine. The quality of the sound gets good when you have 2+ drivers in it. 3 Drivers are best obviously. so yeah you're looking at the 200-300$ range for a used set on ebay. I'm actaully selling my westone 3s if you're interested. I'll be honest though, once you get to use a good pair, you won't go back because the sound quality and noise isolation is leaps and bounds over everything else.
Old 1st January 2011
  #3
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by letloverule View Post
Hmmm which one did you get? Westone? I'll be honest that I use customs (westone ES5). But many of the shure and westone IEMs would be fine. The quality of the sound gets good when you have 2+ drivers in it. 3 Drivers are best obviously. so yeah you're looking at the 200-300$ range for a used set on ebay. I'm actaully selling my westone 3s if you're interested. I'll be honest though, once you get to use a good pair, you won't go back because the sound quality and noise isolation is leaps and bounds over everything else.
Hey Buddy got the Nady PEM-500
Old 1st January 2011
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top40Music View Post
Hey Buddy got the Nady PEM-500
I'm talking about the system itself that sends the signal to the westone's .
Old 1st January 2011
  #5
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

What Price should i start at .
Old 2nd January 2011
  #6
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Should I expect the audio to sound Close to what i hear with my beyerdynamic DT770' Plug into ITunes When I'm using my beyerdynamic DT770' pluged into the wireless pack?
Old 2nd January 2011
  #7
Lives for gear
 
Aisle 6's Avatar
If you are talking "systems" the Sennheiser wireless has one of the best RF systems. I find it to be much more stable and less susceptible to interference than some of the other big names I have owned.
Old 4th January 2011
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
If you are talking "systems" the Sennheiser wireless has one of the best RF systems. I find it to be much more stable and less susceptible to interference than some of the other big names I have owned.
Thanks Man. Any Price Point or Model number to look for ?
Old 4th January 2011
  #9
Gear Nut
 

Hey yeah the Sennheiser g3 system is 1,000 bucks. That's the one I really want but it's hard to drop that kind of money if your not sure how much you'll actually use it! I have been using a Audio-Technica m2 system which retails for about $599. Still not cheap, it's my friends though so I have been just borrowing it to use with my UE18s live.

Honestly, not all that reliable. I get interruptions in the signal fairly often and it's headroom is nothing write home about.

I struggle with the same issue, I just wish that they weren't so expensive. To me unfortunately the Sennheiser g3 is the only one out there I would invest in before the "pro" level stuff above that which is just too much for me!
Old 5th January 2011
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonortony35 View Post
Hey yeah the Sennheiser g3 system is 1,000 bucks. That's the one I really want but it's hard to drop that kind of money if your not sure how much you'll actually use it! I have been using a Audio-Technica m2 system which retails for about $599. Still not cheap, it's my friends though so I have been just borrowing it to use with my UE18s live.

Honestly, not all that reliable. I get interruptions in the signal fairly often and it's headroom is nothing write home about.

I struggle with the same issue, I just wish that they weren't so expensive. To me unfortunately the Sennheiser g3 is the only one out there I would invest in before the "pro" level stuff above that which is just too much for me!
Thanks Bro . It Looks Like a big price jump from 599 to 1000 . Here's the question ; Would i get no interruptions at the $1000 and up price point.
Old 5th January 2011
  #11
Gear Head
 
audiohub's Avatar
 

Hey, I went the same route!

Got the Nady system thinking that it'd work just fine, and was VERY dissapointed in the sound/performance. Sold it, bit the bullet and bought the G3 system, and couldn't be happier.

Expensive, and worth every penny if you're serious about the way things sound.
Old 5th January 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
 

Shure & Sennheiser are the 2 best brands really.

Most of the live pro audio industry actually goes with Shure over Sennheiser but that's often just because many of the rental companies are also registered Shure dealers and get a better price. They're both pretty much the same thing.
Old 8th January 2011
  #13
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealbigd View Post
Shure & Sennheiser are the 2 best brands really.

Most of the live pro audio industry actually goes with Shure over Sennheiser but that's often just because many of the rental companies are also registered Shure dealers and get a better price. They're both pretty much the same thing.
Which model number of the Shure & Sennheiser you suggest ?
Old 8th January 2011
  #14
Gear Addict
 

If you want to save some money I would look for used Sennheiser EW300 G2. They work great but were fairly recently replaced by the G3 version. The thing to to do avoid dropouts is get a "paddle" or even a helical antenna. The little wire antenna they ship with just doesn't cut it.
Old 9th January 2011
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
Top40Music's Avatar
 

Thanks
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Guitfiddle / Remote Possibilities in Acoustic Music and Location Recording
0
slobakore / Low End Theory
0
4 the Max / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1
oortnyc / Live Sound
3
celebritymusic / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump