The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Begining to Wonder about New Gear.......
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear
Begining to Wonder about New Gear.......

Guys: I am NOT badmouthing APB Dynasonics, but here is my story: I have been using an APB 16 channel desk for a few years now, however, about 3 months after I bought it I had to send it back for a new power module, and now about 2 years later, it has developed a very nasty "snap-crackle & pop!" so, I pressed into service an old Phonic PSM 1602B (about 20 years old...). The Phonics has only two FX auxiliaries and not many features at all, HOWEVER, I am simply amazed at how good and solid it sounds!!!!! I did some "inventive patching & routing" and now, I do NOT want to go back to the APB...this old hummer sounds better to me!!!! Maybe that says something about how the "old stuff" was made..? Is this old Phonics a sleeper desk? Thoughts? Comments?
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear

I don't know anything about either brand, but your ear listened to them both now listen to your ear.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear
Good point! Thanks.heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search