The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gates M-4880 Dynamote 4-Channel Mixer vintage
Old 31st December 2010
Here for the gear

Gates M-4880 Dynamote 4-Channel Mixer vintage

Can anyone tell me more about what we have? My husband acquired this from helping a friend get rid of a bunch of stuff from his late father's garage. He was retired Army and had a bunch of audio stuff and testers. We're thinking about listing this on eBay but wanted to see if it was going to be worth the time or not. I'd hate to go through listing and packing and end up with $3. Hubby got laid off a couple of weeks ago so we're trying to sell some stuff to get by. I haven't been able to find out much about it on the internet, but I found mention of one on this site. I did find someone who was at least able to tell me what it was but beyond that, there's not much out there.

Sorry if I've impeded on anyone because I know I have absolutely no business being on this site, but I thought if anyone would know you guys would.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
j
Attached Thumbnails
Gates M-4880 Dynamote 4-Channel Mixer vintage-100_3109-medium-.jpg   Gates M-4880 Dynamote 4-Channel Mixer vintage-100_3110-medium-.jpg   Gates M-4880 Dynamote 4-Channel Mixer vintage-100_3113-medium-.jpg  
Old 1st January 2011
Lives for gear
I'm guessing you googled and then didn't understand the responses you were getting? There's actually a fair amount out there about these.

They're tube based, transformer coupled preamp/mixers. Unfortunately there's supposed to be a power supply along with this, so it's likely if that's all you've got that any one who buys it is going to have to build a power supply, a $100 proposition. That said, here's some information:

Gates Tube Mixer Schematics

and this guy has schematics somewhere:

http://www.vintageproaudio.com/

On Ebay, it seems likely that it'll go low, because few will know what it is. Selling on a professional gear page like this might be a better choice. It should be a$100-200 piece I suspect, complete maybe more like $50-100 without the power supply.
Old 1st January 2011
Here for the gear

Thanks drbob1. I will probably try posting in the classifieds. I appreciate the info!
j
Old 20th January 2011
Here for the gear

Ill buy it , write me at [email protected]

my name is Bharath
Old 15th April 2013
Here for the gear

Can anyone help me with a schematic for this M-4880 all tube Gates Dynamote?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search