The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connection(s) Question
Old 31st December 2010
Gear Head

Connection(s) Question

Hopefully I got this into the right forum. PLease don't shot me if I'm wrong. So, with the release of Pro Tools 9 I have been thinking about doing away with my 003 DigiRack. And upgrading my interface to possibly The Universal Audio 2192 Master Audio Interface. My question is what would be the best way to connect everything? I'm currently using my Universal Audio 4-710D for A/D conversion. Which then goes into my Digirack. My Master control is currently only being used as a controller. If I was to lose the 003 I would still have the Alesis Master Control for inputs and out puts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My gear consists of the following:

Avid Digirack 003
Alesis Master Control
Universal Audio 4-710D Pre-amp
Universal Audio UAD2 -Solo
SSL Alpha Channel
A-Designs 500 HR Rack
Great River Harrison EQ
Five Fish Studios X-72 Pre-amp
Switchcraft patchbay 8 male xlr/8 female xlr
Furman Power Conditioner
M-Audio BX8A Deluxe monitors

Universal Audio | 2192

MasterControl Complete Studio Interface and Control System

4-710d Four-Channel Tone-Blending Mic Preamp w/ Dynamics | Analog and Digital Audio Products and Plug-Ins | Universal Audio
Old 8th January 2011
Here for the gear

Hookup question

Since you have a piece of gear that I am going to purchase (UA 4710d), I figured I'd ask you how to go about connecting that to my system.

1. Do you use the ADAT outs or the AES/EBU outs to run to your computer?
2. What brand of PCI card in my computer to connect this box to? Does it even matter? (Im running Logic Pro on a Mac tower).
3. If I have a stereo ADC and DAC, to use along with this unit how do I hook it all up? Do they all need to be synced together so I won't have any issues with clock timings?

My idea is to use these pres with their AD converters along with a stereo pair of Mytek AD and DA converters for my outboard API pres, etc.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search