The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Beyer M100
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Beyer M100

Hi folks

I got a mic today but I don't have the proper connector to test it yet (3 pin Din to XLR) It is a Beyer M100. It appears to be a 1957 Dynamic Omni but I can't get more informations.

Have any of you guys tried it?

I found this but It's not helping me that much:

Seems like a good weapon tho

Thomas
Old 29th June 2011
Gear Maniac

For those who cares heh

I've been using it for quite a while now and .... I LOVE IT!

Especially on guitar amps, it sounds very greasy and warm, bit muddy in the lows but has an awesome growl!!

On snare it is not very punchy, not as much as a 57, but it captures nice harmonics so I use it coupled with another mic sometimes!

Great little mic!
Old 21st January 2012
Here for the gear

Beyer M100

I have had this mic for many years and LOVE it! Did yours come in the sweet green jewel box? I made an adapter for mine that actually pigtails off the mic and is standard XLR. This mic ROCKS on guitar cab and even snare or high hat as you say.... I have had excellent results using it for texture on acoustic as well.. just place anywhere along the neck... This mic is a staple in my mic chest. I will never sell it. I picked mine up on ebay about 8 years ago... I believe 2 of them came on at the same time. I am still sick I wasn't able to snag the 2nd one! A pair of these would be sweet. Very Very rare microphone indeed. I've been looking for another one ever since I found my first. Love the publication with specs! Where did you find it?
Old 11th March 2012
Gear Maniac

Sorry for the late answer. I got in touch with Beyer a while back and they sent me some pdf files with the mic specs etc
Get in touch with me and I can email it to you
Old 2nd May 2014
Here for the gear

Great little microphone. Had the pleasure to use it a long-long time ago (20+ years). Very hard to find, i am looking forward to get me one but they don't come around often - at least in functioning condition.
Old 2nd May 2014
Lives for gear

I used to have one, it was quite nice and crisp but not something I used a great deal.
Old 2nd May 2014
Here for the gear

Used to use it a lot as room mic, esp. for huge guitar sounds, and on woodwind, both with stellar results. As i said, i would love to have one now.
Old 1st June 2014
Gear Head

good news for you guys, BBC is auctioning off their stock as they are shutting down and they are selling 4 of these! Huge Auction Of BBC Television Centre Equipment After
Old 27th June 2014
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveas View Post
good news for you guys, BBC is auctioning off their stock as they are shutting down and they are selling 4 of these! Huge Auction Of BBC Television Centre Equipment After
Definitely good news for me, I'm the lucky bastard that just won a pair of the BBC M100's!

I've got a couple of questions in anticipation of my new mics...

I can't see clearly in any of the pictures, What type of connector do these mics use?

Do I need any additional clips or anything to mount them on stands?

Thanks guys!
Old 8th July 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algorhythmic View Post
I've got a couple of questions in anticipation of my new mics...

I can't see clearly in any of the pictures, What type of connector do these mics use?

Do I need any additional clips or anything to mount them on stands?
These mics came with klein(small)-Tuchel (3260) 3-pin male plugs as standard. Fewer sport the 6-pin "DIN" (Tuchel 3400) male plugs

You can easily make your own cables if you have basic soldering experience, klein-Tuchel & DIN female plugs (hi-quality new ones from Lumberg & Amphenol) are easily obtainable through the web/eBay.

Alternatively, there are an English, a Dutch & some German guys selling hi-quality klein-Tuchel>XLR cables, on eBay again. Can't recall their names though, sorry.

Bodies have a diameter of 22mm (0,9"), so a modern Beyer MKV8 (or a cheaper Chinese equivalent) will do just fine.

Enjoy your new mics!
Regards,
Dee

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search