The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bye bye Yamaha 01v, hello Babyface? Audio Interfaces
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Nut

RME: Babyface or ADI-2?

So, it's time to get rid of my Yamaha 01v desk, it works fine but I really don't want to use the A/D converters anymore.

I have my desk connected via ADAT to a RME Hammerfall card. The card is rock solid, but I don't really use the desk much except for tracking individual instruments and as a volume controller, and like I say, I really want to improve on those A/D converters and gets some high quality pres.

I need some high quality pres/converters, a volume control for my monitors and a headphone monitor. It'll be weird not having the motorised faders but I don't really use them apart from when I'm tracking, mixing goes on inside the box.

Was looking at the RME Babyface, connect that via ADAT to my Hammerfall card. Does that sound like a viable option? Should I be considering some other option? I'm having trouble visualising my set up to foresee the possible problems. Do I even need the Hammerfall? It's so solid, I'd love to keep using it, I think...

Thanks for your opinion!
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Nut

RME Hammerfall = 96/52 to some of you, in case anyone's wondering which card I'm talking about. About 10 years old and still going strong.
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Nut

I've seen two RME cards that fit the bill, Babyface and ADI-2. Both can be connected via ADAT to my Hammerfall 9652, ADI-2 is a lot older and more expensive, is it better quality?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search