The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
michael jackson / prince style synths.. Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 30th December 2010
Here for the gear

michael jackson / prince style synths..

alright i have a few questions,
alright, well im starting on a "in home" recording studio from skratch., i have no equiptment what so ever,
i make music simular to michael jackson's and prince's style.
what are some good synths, i have been researching and have found the minimoog, prophet 5,oberheim four voice,oberheim OBX, the poloy moog, and a few more.. but i dont know much about synthesizers, i just want to make good funky music
please help,
also.. i have another question, alright well in a few michael jackson songs there are some cool vocal things (done by machine) that i would like to learn how to do (what equiptment to by) here is something that im talking about,
here is a link
YouTube - Michael jackson - Best Of Joy "Preview"
im talking about that parts that sounds like he is harmonizing with his own voice,
also, that ohhhhhh ahhhhhhh sound vibe in the back ground,
(also how would one make a soft relaxing beat like in that song? is that synthesizer? or what?)
please help,

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search