The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buying Gear -Gearslutz-Shame List Equalizer Plugins
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Buying Gear -Gearslutz-Shame List

I do not know whether to post this in good news or moan zone-so I will leave to the mods to move.

Recently I had a spate of dud listings in the gearslutz gear classifieds, one in particular selling a couple of Avedis E27 (picture taken from Avedis photos and boiler plated into the guys alleged rig). Thing is he quoted serial numbers which were the serial numbers of 2 Avedis E27 sitting in my BAE 11 slot rack!!! I was very busy at the time and did not report to mod or check with the guy- but I hope nobody was stung.

Then another guy on some gear telling me to pay him the money (no gearslutz trading history) via paypal and first in got the gear-and he said he had a spate of e-mails with interest. I attempted to say- before I sent the money via paypal I needed a commitment from him that I was the buyer....no reply....

I have always tried to be totally fair as this good site has been very kind aside from the "rockspiders" noted above.

Recently I purchased converters from David-Morpheus and we agreed on a price and postage. I sent via paypal- he sent me an e-mail last night confirming postage of the converters and refunding me 30 euro as he had overcharged on postage! Good Karma - big for David-Morpheus.

In this community we need to oust the "rockspiders" in the classifieds and keep the good karma going between the rest who have a love and respect for fellow engineers and gear.

I think Jules needs to perhaps have some shame list where reports are made to him about "rockspiders" and if he thinks the evidece is there- puts the "rockspider" in the list so the rest of us proper forum members can be safeguarded. Is there such a facility- LIKEWISE once placed in the shame list that person should not be able to list in the classifieds.

Cheers
Gavin Jensen
Newcastle/OZ
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

I like the "wall of shame" idea. Unfortunately, guys come back with different names.
Old 31st December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Thing is he quoted serial numbers which were the serial numbers of 2 Avedis E27 sitting in my BAE 11 slot rack!!!
Now that's bizarre!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search