The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'm not happy with my OH's... Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 3rd January 2011
Gear Addict

That's interesting about the foam. Did you just balance it on the back of the mics? If you noticed better imaging with the foam, then it could mean you are getting some odd slap from the ceiling. Maybe some careful diffusion rather then absorption will help.

Also, listen to the cymbals in the room. You probably know this but its worth mentioning; you said that you don't hit the cymbals as hard as the drummers you are working with (note that not all drummers bash the crap out of the drums). Check the cymbals for cracks as well as the hardware for loose nuts and bolts. Odd rattles and buzzes can confuse what we hear when not everything is setup correctly with a kit.

Lastly, the 4040's really shouldn't crap out on you. I've used mine on toms with some real bashers and used their sister the 4050s (I believe its the same just with multi-pattern option) without any distortion. Maybe something is wrong with yours. See if you can get a hold of at least one to see if you still get the same issue.

Sounds like either way you are on the way getting what you want. Best of luck!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search