The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Springsteen home studio Studio Headphones
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Springsteen home studio

Any Neumann experts out there who can spot whether Bruce has an U87 or U67 in his home studio setup. Just curious ...
Attached Thumbnails
Springsteen home studio-screen-shot-2010-12-28-7.26.29-pm.jpg   Springsteen home studio-neumann.jpg  
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Guru

looks like a reg xlr in there..87
Old 29th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
looks like a reg xlr in there..87
yup, 87
Old 29th December 2010
member no 666

In those photos - look at the connector on the bottom of the mic. If it looks like an XLR then its a U-87... if its larger in diameter and shorter in length then its a U-67.

I've always been of the opinion that if you give a man a fish [the answer to your question] he'll eat for a day... if you teach a man to fish [the explanation of how the mic was identified] he'll go fishing and leave you the f*ck alone.

Peace.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
In those photos - look at the connector on the bottom of the mic. If it looks like an XLR then its a U-87... if its larger in diameter and shorter in length then its a U-67.

I've always been of the opinion that if you give a man a fish [the answer to your question] he'll eat for a day... if you teach a man to fish [the explanation of how the mic was identified] he'll go fishing and leave you the f*ck alone.

Peace.
Well, ya gotta learn to fish at some point. I'm sure you were once there Fletcher, surely you weren't born an expert at everything.

But thanks to the first two informative replies.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndog328 View Post
Well, ya gotta learn to fish at some point. I'm sure you were once there Fletcher, surely you weren't born an expert at everything.
I think Fletcher's point was that if he just told you "it's this" without telling you why "it's this," then you wouldn't be able to know how to determine "this" in the future if you needed to. He was just trying to educate you.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by idylldon View Post
I think Fletcher's point was that if he just told you "it's this" without telling you why "it's this," then you wouldn't be able to know how to determine "this" in the future if you needed to. He was just trying to educate you.

Cheers,
--
Don
Can't he say "it's a U87 because...."

answer : yes.
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelmossobrien View Post
Can't he say "it's a U87 because...."

answer : yes.
Didn't he say:

Quote:
If it looks like an XLR then its a U-87... if its larger in diameter and shorter in length then its a U-67.
Answer: yes.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

87. Nice room
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

U67s rock Tuchels.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search