The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What cables should I use? Audio Interfaces
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Nut

What cables should I use?

So I'm looking to hook up my new M-Audio Studiophile Bx5a Deluxe monitors to my Mbox 2 Mini going out through the 1/4" balanced output of the box into the 1/4" balanced input of the monitors. Two questions when I'm looking for this cabling, I see instrument, patch, interconnect, stereo and what seems to be a myriad of other options. I know I shouldn't use instrument cables but what kind DO I need? Any suggestions on cables? I don't necessarily need Mogamis. And if you could find them on Musician's friend that'd be swell because the monitors and stands are in my cart there but I'll take what I can get. Thanks!
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Head

You need TRS interconnect cables if you want a balanced signal.

Buy Live Wire TRS - TRS Balanced Patch Cable | Audio / RCA Cables | Musician's Friend
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Nut

But those are called "patch" cables. Thats what i wasn't sure about. Also, I wasn't even considering 1/4 to XLR even tho my speakers have an XLR input. I'm looking at these now:

Live Wire 1/4" Male to XLR Male Patch Cable
Buy Live Wire 1/4" Male to XLR Male Patch Cable | Audio / RCA Cables | Musician's Friend
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Great River or Lynx Aurora...wait what thread is this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search