The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Did Anybody Get Gear For Christmas Or Getting Gear From Christmas Cash? Digital Converters
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Addict

Did Anybody Get Gear For Christmas Or Getting Gear From Christmas Cash?

Hey did anybody get new gear for Christmas??? Or did anybody get cash for Christmas to spend on gear? And if so, what are you getting? Share the Christmas magic if some wonderful new piece of gear is now yours or going to be yours!!! (Lastly, I'm not excluding other holidays of this season, Hannukah, etc).

There was a Christmas miracle here at my house. I've been in need of a good A/D D/A Converter for a very long time and I really wanted the Universal Audio 2192. However it got discontinued maybe as many as 7 months ago and I'd say for at least the last 4 months it's been impossible to find one new from ANY store, including online stores. In fact, I haven't even seen one on Ebay. Anyways, I happened to be browsing the internet and by accident I found a store advertising that they were selling a 2192 and would have it available on Dec 31, 2010. I immediately placed an order but had no high hopes. I wasn't optimistic thinking that since it's such a desired product there would be at least 10 people in line before me! Or more likely, I thought that this had to be a mistake made by the store and that they probably had none because months after the 2192 was discontinued lots of stores kept listing that they had a 2192 for sale, but if you called any of them you learned they ALL had been sold out for a long time. Anyways, I got a call yesterday and it looks like I'm getting the ONLY Universal Audio 2192 that they're getting! On top of that, they're selling it to me new for about $400 less than what is used to cost at from all stores that used to sell the unit. So yeah, that's my Christmas miracle and what gear I got for the holidays!

So yeah, what gear did you get or are you getting? And even be it something as small as a single Boss effects pedal that cost $60, please share!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search