The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is it possible to get Soundtoys Echoboy without an iLok? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 28th December 2010
  #1
Lives for gear
 
enroper's Avatar
 

Is it possible to get Soundtoys Echoboy without an iLok?

I don't own an iLok, and I don't want to from the sounds of it. I tried emailing Soundtoys a few weeks ago, but still haven't heard back from them. Doesn't really impress me w/ their customer service so far.

Anyway, is it possible to use echoboy without having an ilok?
Old 28th December 2010
  #2
Lives for gear
 
djanthonyw's Avatar
 

It's the only form of copy protection SoundToys offers, unfortunately.
Old 28th December 2010
  #3
I JUST bought a Soundtoys Native bundle yesterday. It's worth buying an iLok for.

I poked around with Crystallizer, Decapitator, Echoboy and Phase Mistress and loved the results immediately.

They sound killer and are an excellent complement to my UAD stuff.

Soundtoys, you have another follower!
Old 28th December 2010
  #4
God, I love the Soundtoys plug ins. You won't be disappointed, nor will you regret the ilok. Do yourself a favor and get the bundle. EchoBoy is the most awesome sounding ITB delay w/ Mojo but you'll also want Crystalizer, Decapitator, etc, et al.

Go For It!
Old 28th December 2010
  #5
Gear Addict
 
leebridges's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lives For Fuzz View Post
God, I love the Soundtoys plug ins. You won't be disappointed, nor will you regret the ilok. Do yourself a favor and get the bundle. EchoBoy is the most awesome sounding ITB delay w/ Mojo but you'll also want Crystalizer, Decapitator, etc, et al.

Go For It!
+1 heh
Old 28th December 2010
  #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by enroper View Post
I don't own an iLok, and I don't want to from the sounds of it. I tried emailing Soundtoys a few weeks ago, but still haven't heard back from them. Doesn't really impress me w/ their customer service so far.

Anyway, is it possible to use echoboy without having an ilok?
The answer is "not legally".

Anyway, listen to some of the positive comments about iLoks, not the negative. There's at least as many of us who like them as who don't, and it's such an easy system to deal with.

Don't know why Soundtoys haven't replied,try luke at soundtoys dot com - he's the guy I've been dealing with, very prompt.
Old 28th December 2010
  #7
The Soundtoys bundle is a must have and a company that makes such high quality deserves to protect their excellent work. I've never had a problem installing or updating ay ST product with an ILok.
Now I have to order a newer ILok for the Relab LX 480. To me it's worth the $50. ymmv.
Old 2nd February 2014
  #8
Gear Head
 

I for one am not on the ilok/e-licenser bandwagon. Not all producers produce on desktops where USB ports are plenty and your always in your home/studio connected to the internet. I pay for all my software, im not a Pirate Bay surfer, and I want to use my software whenever and wherever I choose. Native Instruments (and now even Waves...FINALLY) use alternative methods of protecting there products without limiting there clients. Methods that don't require u to spend an extra $50 on a usb dongle to keep track of and doesnt require an internet connection at all times while using the plugins. Even "Waves" now gives u the option of using either ilok or a service center type app just like NI. This is just me and my feelings on the matter...not an argument. Ilok and E-Licenser has its advantages as far as bouncing back and forth between multiple computers. But if u produce on a laptop and are mobil your going to be in for a world of frustration. For those that do not know I just wanted to make it clear that the USB dongle will have to be in at all times when you use the plugins, and even then they will only work when you have an Internet connection.
Old 2nd February 2014
  #9
Gear Addict
 
Wonderbird's Avatar
 

8 years with ilok without 1 minute of hassle. Even lost one one time. 24 hours later all the licenses were back on my new ilok.
Old 2nd February 2014
  #10
Lives for gear
 
skyshaver's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadunn1799 View Post
For those that do not know I just wanted to make it clear that the USB dongle will have to be in at all times when you use the plugins, and even then they will only work when you have an Internet connection.
Hey, can some one verify this statement? My partner had a bit of nightmare with the new photoshop licensing on her last trip into Australia and China because it requires an always on internet connection. She had to use a different editor in the field which was a pita. I am also interested in the soundtoys stuff but have been leery of the iLok, this would make me forget it completely.
Old 2nd February 2014
  #11
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
The Soundtoys bundle is a must have and a company that makes such high quality deserves to protect their excellent work.
They do deserve to protect their work, which leads you to wonder why all their plugins mentioned in this thread have had cracked versions released. They put their users through the trouble of using ILok, turned away other possible customers that refuse to use ILok, and the stuff gets cracked anyway. That's the ILok saga to me in a nutshell.
Old 2nd February 2014
  #12
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshaver View Post
Hey, can some one verify this statement? My partner had a bit of nightmare with the new photoshop licensing on her last trip into Australia and China because it requires an always on internet connection. She had to use a different editor in the field which was a pita. I am also interested in the soundtoys stuff but have been leery of the iLok, this would make me forget it completely.
I don't know about elicenser but this is NOT true with ilok... You don't have to be online to use your plugins (just when you authorize, move them and you can even do that on another computer)
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Playback / So much gear, so little time
44
Higgs / Gearslutz Secondhand Gear Classifieds
4
Jorg / So much gear, so little time
4
Ruudman / So much gear, so little time
22
mac black / Music Computers
1

Forum Jump
Forum Jump