The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Has anyone tried the Beesneez Elly Fet? Condenser Microphones
Old 27th December 2010
Has anyone tried the Beesneez Elly Fet?

Hi I am a recent Gearslutz member and would like to thank everyone for making this such a great resource for under-experienced engineers like my self. Although after hours of reading gear reviews I am often more confused than I began...
Anyway, I'm seriously interested in this Beesneez Elly Fet mic but cannot find ANYONE who has used it and commented on its sound here or on other forums. It seems like a sweet deal but before I go through the trouble of importing the thing from Australia it would be nice to hear a review from someone who has put this mic through the basic tests. I would be using it mainly for rap vocals but would like it to be versatile since I dont have the luxury of a huge mic locker in my home studio. I currently have a c414, at4047, re20, tlm193, etc. I guess the question would be: is this mic going to put my vocal sound into a whole new level or will it be similar to what I already have? Do you think I need to step it up to a Pearlman, Brauner Phantera, Gefell um70s, Ak47 or higher end BN mic to achieve a more pro sound? I like my vocals to be present but cannot stand piercing esses like so many lower priced mics seem to give me. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 28th December 2010
Lives for gear

The Beesneez Elly is so new, you might have a trouble finding someone who has used one yet. One of the big selling point of all of the tube Beesneez mics is the lack of annoying sibilance, and Ben's new K-7 capsule is supposed to be really something nice. I would bet that the Elly shares that nice top end with all of its brothers and sisters. As for maybe needing to jump to a Pearlman, I would say the tube Beesneez are at least as good, and some better. Personally, i own an older Jade model and like it a lot, and the high end is nice and smooth. If I had more money, I likely would look at a Producer Series Arabella, or Sally over just about any other mic out there. As an added note, if you were to buy an Elly and didn't like it, Ben does guarantee his products and would work with you to find something more to your liking, you wouldn't be stuck with it. Good luck with your mic search. Oh, and if you do a beesneez search of Gearslutz, you will find a few other fellows who are very familiar with more than one of the Beesneez mics. Perhaps one of them has an Elly by now.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

I have a couple of Elly Fet's on order at the moment. I believe Ben is just waiting on some transformers to come in so they can ship. I am planning on using them for OH duties and the occasional vocal. : )
I will post a file when I get some time.
Old 5th January 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisle 6 View Post
I have a couple of Elly Fet's on order at the moment. I believe Ben is just waiting on some transformers to come in so they can ship. I am planning on using them for OH duties and the occasional vocal. : )
I will post a file when I get some time.
I'm very interested in hearing a drum kit through these puppies...

Just got subscribed...
Old 20th May 2016
Anyone??

Hi I am bumping this old thread because I have the same question. Seems odd there isnt more talk about this mic. I have an Arabella that I really like so Im curious how different the two are- pretty sure they have the same calsule. Does anyone have experience with this mic on vocals??
Old 15th September 2016
Gear Maniac

The Arabella is so nice that I bet the BeesNeez Elly is a good choice. It has the same capsule to start with...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search