The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What to get next? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

What to get next?

Okay guys, so for christmas I got about $145 to spend at guitar center. Also i recently discovered guitar center's used section which frequently has amazing deals put up by employees that just don't know what they're talking about :D.

So i wanna spend that money ( 145 ) to improve my recordings. I have a SM57, and a MXL991/990. So right now for drums I've been using the 991 as an overhead and the 57 on my kick, and it's alright, but it could definitely be better. And I'm running it into a tascam us-122 interface, which only has 2 xlr inputs. From there I'm using reaper.

So what do you all think would make the most noticable difference in my recordings? I'm not only recordings drums, I'm recording demos for my whole band as well, so guitar/vox/bass/drums.
Any advice is appreciated :D
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Nut

Save a little more and then spend it on a FMR RNC and appropriate cables! Use the RNC; learn it! Make good records!
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieculbert View Post
So what do you all think would make the most noticable difference in my recordings? I'm not only recordings drums, I'm recording demos for my whole band as well, so guitar/vox/bass/drums.
Any advice is appreciated :D
If your drum heads and guitar strings are like mine, probably new heads and strings would make the biggest difference.

Cheers,

Otto

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search