The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ear buds !
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Addict

Ear buds !

How many of you are bothering to check your mixes in ear buds?

I know it's not pleasant, but I figure a large percent of people will hear it this way.

I recently started doing it, and it has convinced me that it is a good idea.

Thoughts?
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

I have been doing it for years. Very good decision to reference as much as possible. I imagine Cheap PC speakers, Ear-buds and the car are the 3 most relevant reference you'll ever find.
Old 26th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have been doing it for years. Very good decision to reference as much as possible. I imagine Cheap PC speakers, Ear-buds and the car are the 3 most relevant reference you'll ever find.
+1

If there was any logical way to give that more pluses I would. After I mix anything first thing I do is go drive around smoke a bunch of cigarettes and drink a giant soda while picking apart my mixes as well as what I am doing musically. Same things every time, vocals are to loud or to quiet or there is to much bass from the drum or the guitar. Also always the same things musically but one of these days I;m gonna get it right.
Old 26th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Ear buds !

I used to use iPod buds but once they kicked the bucket I started using the cheapest ones I could find (grocery store for $3). I find them pretty useful.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 17th January 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by payne104 View Post
How many of you are bothering to check your mixes in ear buds?

I know it's not pleasant, but I figure a large percent of people will hear it this way.

I recently started doing it, and it has convinced me that it is a good idea.

Thoughts?
Yup, all the time - right at the end to check balances etc. I find it really helps to focus the mix.

I grew up basically spending half my life listening on these, so they're probably my most reliable reference point...!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search