The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What get gear did you get for Christmas? Condenser Microphones
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

Got several new mic stands and PT9. Still saving my cash for better mic pres.
Old 27th December 2010
might i also add that the dremel 4000 is a beast and up to the challenge!

been using it all day for all kinds of stuff i couldn't do before. perfect item for 80$ not just for the garage anymore! all tech benches should have one.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Bought myself an Apogee Ensemble. And then my brothers Got me a Heil PR-30, Which sounds great on guitars and just about everything else. Not sure how many of you are familiar with Heil mics but everything I buy of Bob Heil's is amazing.

I need a kick mic and have been debating over the Shure beta 52, Audix d6, or Heil PR48, but just based off of my love of his other mics, the PR-48 is probably the best choice.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCruz View Post
Bought myself an Apogee Ensemble. And then my brothers Got me a Heil PR-30, Which sounds great on guitars and just about everything else. Not sure how many of you are familiar with Heil mics but everything I buy of Bob Heil's is amazing.

I need a kick mic and have been debating over the Shure beta 52, Audix d6, or Heil PR48, but just based off of my love of his other mics, the PR-48 is probably the best choice.
I'm a pr-30 man myself, very nice gift ya got.

my only complaint is that it doesn't come with a pouch or any sort of case... even 40 dollar audix mics come with a pouch.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfoiler View Post
I got a nice TC Electronic M3000 dual engine FX box. Can't wait to try it.
AND...I got a nice very slightly used Exige...the car of my dreams!! heh

I need some new friends AND family!!!!!

um, I got a day planner from the dollar store.

I love my mommy!!!!thumbsup

fb
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

A lunchbox, Great River 500, a Twinfinity, and a UAD2 Solo on the way. I am psyched. But I now need to fill the empty slots!
Old 27th December 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
Everyone's sound good so far. The compund miter saw Is a great music gift though I used one to build the bass traps I have, and to do a lot of cuts for the racks I built. I use electronics, electric, and carpenters tools just as much as my music equipment at my studio and stuff like that just makes life so much easier.
Ahhh...nice. I wouldn't have a studio if it wasn't for all the carpenter's gear I've used to build it all. Finally someone else who doesn't make me feel like a loner.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameal View Post
a dremel 4000

not a sexy rack device, but probably just as handy with those d.i.y. tasks.

i also finished up re-skinning the snare drum i got awhile ago and did a mod to my kp1 to make it more efficient in my environment.
My SO got me a Dremel too. It's been a long time at my wish-list, since my Minicraft has served long after it's "best before" date.

Awesome gift! I am thinking of picking up the ship modeling again once the studio is in full running order. heh
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Head

Shure Green Bullet Microphone and some Germanium Fuzz pedals. Very nice.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

What get gear did you get for Christmas?

Daking mic pre 500. 1964 Ampeg reverocket. Still haven't got to use both of them together yet.

Oh and I modded a 57 with a granelli elbow. Good Christmas.

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Federal AM 864 u

Oh and i also got BlackOps for the xbox! thumbsup
Attached Thumbnails
What get gear did you get for Christmas?-img_0119.jpg  
Old 27th December 2010
Alesis Micron special edition (blue) . Loads of fun. Cliche sounds. Feels like I`m starting all over again.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm wondering who's christmas shopping for you guys to know you want this kind of stuff.
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Maniac

Santa just knows.
Old 27th December 2010
The wife and I didn't do Christmas for each other this year, we adopted angels instead. Best Christmas in a long time.
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
I'm wondering who's christmas shopping for you guys to know you want this kind of stuff.
In addition to the usual gifts, my wife and I usually do a little bit of shopping for ourselves and just let each other know what we're getting. She picked some cool toys from Pampered Chef and I got the indicator lamp bulbs and a memory card reader for the computers.

Cheers,

Otto
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

One of these! stike

Old 27th December 2010
Gear Nut
An Adam Sub12 and a Shure SM7b :D
Old 27th December 2010
Lives for gear

I'm switching DAWs....

Gifts from me to me:
- Mackie MCU Pro and fader extender
- SSL alphalink MADI AX

Gift given to me from my wife:
- Reaper license

Cheers

Kris
Old 27th December 2010
Gear Addict

-BYOC 5 Knob Compressor pedal. It's my first DIY guitar pedal. Already made it through the diodes, resistors and film caps. Soooo fun, cant wait till its all said and done.

-Burns B3 Theremin. Running it through delay and reverb, makes for an awesome sound. Now I just gotta figure out how to properly play it. Then I can start writing new material with it!

-Sonnus G2M. It's fun, but takes some getting used to.

Pretty stoked on all of those, as it's about to nicely spice up my bands live shows. And good timing indeed, about to drop our debut album, which means tons and tons of shows!
Old 27th December 2010
Waves API bundle and their C6 mulitband compressor.
Old 28th December 2010
Gear Head

Royer 101 and a gift card to musicians friend
Old 28th December 2010
Got a Lynx Aurora 8 with 2 sub connectors.
I realized today that my Apple G5 is too old to support PT9 so I just bought a new Mac Pro.
ouch.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search